Ultimate Whitewater Adventure
About This Trip
Discover heart-pounding whitewater, beautiful canyons and inspiring wilderness on this high value, high adventure river package. Three or four days of action packed wilderness adventure and adrenaline rushes! Combine the Upper Animas and Piedra rivers to make the most beautiful, remote Class V whitewater rafting trip vacation in Colorado and the United States your reality!
15 foot self-bailing rafts rigged as oar boats with paddle assist. Be ready to paddle and swim on your pre-trip orientation!
Payment & Cancellations
- Pay in full.
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
We conform to the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad cancellation policy. Train ticket refunds/cancellations are subject to a fee cancelled 5 days before your reserved date. There are no refunds issued on reservations cancelled less than 5 days before your reserved date.
A 90% refund, less the train ticket fees, is issued for cancellations received in writing 5 days prior to trip departure.
At the orientation, if it is determined that the Upper Animas is not the right trip for you, there is a $250 nonrefundable train ticket & orientation trip fee per person. Train tickets may be able to be transferred depending on the train’s availability. After the $250 nonrefundable fee, the remaining trip balance may be applied to any of our other trip options or kept on your account in a trip gift certificate for future use.
DAY BEFORE ITINERARY
DAY 1 ITINERARY
DAY 2 ITINERARY
DAY 3 ITINERARY
* Please note that all itineraries are subject to change due to river conditions.
- This trip is physically demanding. All participants must be in outstanding physical shape. When rafting, it is important to choose the trip that matches the level of the least adventurous and least physically fit person in your group. It is dangerous to ignore their physical limitations. As a group leader, it is important you pre-screen all participants and let them know all trip details.
- For all of our high adventure trips, an orientation is required. You will do your orientation on the Lower Piedra River on your first day of rafting.
- Since this box canyon of the Piedra becomes 1,000 feet deep and there is only road access where we put-in and take-out & the only access into the Upper Animas Canyon is via the train, all participants must be in excellent shape to hike out if needed. This level of physical fitness is necessary to participate in this trip.
- Mild to Wild uses different size rafts depending on the water flow.
- The price of this trip includes the $85 Narrow Gauge Railroad train ticket.
What to Wear or Bring:
- Wear a swimsuit under your clothes for the shuttle and train rides. Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are required. Please provide height, weight and shoe size to reserve the proper size.
- Bring sunscreen, water, hat and sunglasses if desired, and your sense of adventure!
- Bring camp clothes, hiking shoes, toiletries, and sleeping gear (tent, sleeping bag & pad) – rentals available.