Telluride Whitewater Rafting
San Miguel River
Half Day, 1-Day, 2-Day & 3-Day River Rafting Trips Near Telluride, Colorado
Immerse yourself in one of Colorado’s least known and most spectacular rivers! San Miguel River rafting will thrust you into a world of forested red-rock walls, fast paced splashes and outdoor adventure. The San Miguel River’s narrow twisting waterway leaves you with memories of smiling faces, incredible scenery, rolling rapids and deluxe camping (if you opt for the most popular multi-day options). Located just minutes from Telluride, 45 minutes from Ouray, and on the infamous San Juan Sky Way, San Miguel whitewater rafting and its demanding paddling is an adventure not to be missed!
Relax and share in the splendor of a guided Telluride rafting trip on our two or three day San Miguel River trip. The Norwood Canyon section brings rolling rapids with paddling breaks, allowing you time to embrace the scenery. Camp in the isolated wilderness section under towering Ponderosa Pines while listening to the crackling camp fire and the rippling waves.
Class II & III not enough to satiate your taste for adventure? Try your hand at the Class IV’s on the Upper Piedra! Want to experience a family friendly multi-day trip for the younger kiddos? The Colorado River is perfect!
San Miguel Whitewater Rafting Trip Highlights:
- Red rock walls with contrasting green forested pines
- Constant fast paced action in swift moving current making it possible to cover up to 20 miles/day
- Narrow, twisting canyons and waterway
- Diverse ecosystem – alpine setting to the desert
- Great scenic trip for ages 8 and up (10 on the upper section)
- Pay in full.
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
We know plans change… so we offer a lenient cancellation policy. An 85% refund is issued for cancellations received in writing 48 hours prior to trip departure.
Credit Card Security
Credit card details are heavily encrypted. All information is transmitted via a secure connection.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 7% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Special Ways We Care for You on the San Miguel River:
- Smaller group sizes for a more pristine experience
- Spot communication for added safety when inside the remote sections
- Quality trip leaders with an average of 2,000 river miles of experience (Colorado only requires 750 miles)
- Different boat options for various water levels and adventure desires
- Free helmets and free splash jackets
- Wetsuit rentals available
- Small guide to customer ratio averaging 1 to 4 (6 max)