Telluride Whitewater Rafting
San Miguel River
San Miguel Whitewater Rafting Trip Highlights:
- Unique scenery in a red sandstone canyon covered with pine trees
- Narrow waterway that cuts through twisting canyons
- Constant rapids in a swift moving current
- Diverse ecosystem where the alpine melds with the desert
- Great scenic trip for ages 8 and up (10 on the upper section)
Telluride Rafting Half Day and 2-Day River Trips
Take it from the river guides on this one— If you don’t raft the San Miguel River during your visit to Telluride, it’s going to be the biggest regret of your life. Okay, maybe like the second or third, but do you really want that on your conscience? Probably not!
You probably want Class II and III whitewater shenanigans! With a dollop of technical runs spent bouncing off boulders and skirting past trees. All in a scenic display of crimson sandstone coated alpine. By the end of your voyage, you’ll see why so many river guides have declared the San Miguel as their favorite river to run.
We run half day trips both in the Morning and Afternoon to give you, your friends and family a few rambunctious hours well-spent on the San Miguel. If you choose to stay awhile for more sun-doused chortles on the river, take a 2-day San Miguel Rafting Trip with us!
Now, if none of this sounds like it’s enough to fulfill your whitewater aspirations, consider dipping your paddle into the pandemonium of the Upper Piedra just outside of Pagosa Springs. It’s a Class III and IV ride through steep chutes and staircase drops— all in the wild and remote sanctuary of a granite river canyon.
Payments & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Day Trips: Receive a 90% refund with written notice 36 hours or more before the trip. Less notice, no refund.
Trip Change Option: Up to 12 hours prior to departure, trips can be rescheduled for a different day and/or time. The price of this change policy is 5% of the total trip cost. Upgrade only available at time of reservation and must be applied to each seat.
Multi-Day Trips: See our Cancellation Policy page.
Special Ways We Care for You on the San Miguel River:
- Smaller group sizes for a more pristine experience
- Spot communication for added safety when inside the remote sections
- Quality trip leaders with an average of 2,000 river miles of experience (Colorado only requires 750 miles)
- Different boat options for various water levels and adventure desires
- Free helmets and free splash jackets
- Wetsuit rentals available
- Small guide to customer ratio averaging 1 to 4 (6 max)