Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Tours is proud to offer a state certified, professional, quality white water rafting instructional certification course for those interested in becoming professional raft guides, or those wanting to learn raft navigation and rigging. The course exceeds both the Colorado State requirements and the Arizona State requirements for guide certification.
Why Mild to Wild’s Instructional Course
- The whitewater experts for 24 years, Mild to Wild has trained hundreds of guides.
- Instructors are state certified to teach.
- Learn to read river, not memorize the route (which changes as the water levels change).
- Learn to operate paddle rafts and oar-rigged rafts.
- Learn rescue techniques.
- We teach you to be the complete guide from guest services, safety, to rigging, to rescue, how to provide the best guest experience.
Upon completion of either course you will exceed the requirements of a Class III river guide (subject to completion of separate first-aid and CPR training). These are intensive courses that emphasize skill training and personal development among the spectacular setting of deep rock canyons and river corridors.
Tuition includes state certified instructors, transportation from our meeting point, PFD (life jacket), helmet and boating equipment.
Skills training will include:
- Leadership and Group Dynamics
- Guest Care, Camp and Meal Preparation
- Crew Orientation
- River Rescue
- Raft Rigging
- River Reading and River Navigation in both Oar and Paddle Boat Rafts