Reservation, Payment & Cancellation Policies
New "Extra Flexible" Policies for Bookings After March 31st, 2020
Wait. What does “extra flexible” even mean? “Extra flexible” means we all aren’t really sure of the future so why not make it easy for everyone to change plans at the drop of a hat!
With our new policies, we’ve:
- Slashed cancellation fees
- Eliminated trip change fees
- Cut minimum deposit amounts
These are uncertain and tough times! We want these new policies to make it as easy as possible for you to plan and dream of your big trip without having to worry about what happens if you need to cancel – We’ve all got enough to worry about!
A reservation is recommended as soon as you decide on your desired trips. Space is limited. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, checks, and cash to reserve your seat, guide and equipment.
We love payment in full at the time of reservation, but we also understand that is not always possible. If you prefer, choose from one of our friendly payment plans below!
Reserve your spot on any trip with a 10% deposit
- 50% Payment Plan: Pay 50% deposit at the time of reservation and the remaining 50% at a later date.
- 1/3 Payment Plan: This payment plan allows you to put down 1/3 of your trip total as a deposit and we will schedule out the remaining payments for a later date.
- If you need other arrangements, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate! 🙂
We understand that life happens and the need for cancellations arise. In an effort to take care of you and our staff, we have the most lenient policy possible! In order to cancel or change your please call, LiveChat, or email our office before the intervals stated below. In lieu of cancellation fees, guests are encouraged to ask for a 100% gift card valid towards any Mild to Wild trip in the next three years if requested prior to cancellation policy expiration.
Partial Day Trips:
- Receive a 90% refund 36 hours or more before the trip. Trips including the train, have an additional $14 fee and require 5 days notice prior to departure due to the Train’s own policy. A partial day trip is a trip that is less than 6hrs in duration. Inside 36hrs there will be no refund.
- With optional upgraded cancellation policy added at the time of reservation, receive a 100% refund up until 24hrs prior to trip departure. Trip protection does not apply to Upper Animas, trips including the train, or Piedra River trips.
- Receive a 90% refund 36 hours or more before trip departure. Trips including the train, have an additional $14 fee and require 5 days notice prior to departure due to the Train’s own policy. Inside of 36 hours, unfortunately, there is no refund.
- With optional upgraded cancellation added at the time of reservation, receive a 100% refund up until 24hrs prior to trip departure. Trip protection does not apply to Upper Animas, trips including the train, or Piedra River trips.
- 60+ days: Receive a full refund minus $25 per person unrecoverable fees
- 59 – 21 days: Receive a full refund minus $50 per person unrecoverable fees notice
- 20 days – 48 hours: Receive full credit towards any Mild to Wild trip within the next three years.
- 48 hours – Trip departure: Unfortunately there will be no refund.
Receive an 85% refund with more than 14 days written notice prior to trip departure. Trips including the train, have an additional $14 fee within 5 days of departure.
Guide Certification Courses:
Receive a full refund less $100 with written notice 30 days prior to class, within 30 days of the class there will be no refund for canceling.
Receive a 90% refund with 24hrs notice. Inside 24hrs there will be no refund.
Changing Trip Times or Dates
- With more than 24 hours notice prior to trip departure, partial day trips can be changed to a different date and/or time with no change fee. Train tickets include an additional $6.00 per ticket change fee.
- Full & Multi-day trips may or may not be able to change dates, depending on availability. If the reservation can be switched, there will be a change fee.
Any guest who knows they want to change dates but is not sure what date/trip they want, can keep their payments on file in the form of a gift card and be able to use that credit at any time
- Trips depart rain, shine, sleet or snow.
- Return times are approximate.
- A full refund is provided to you if trips are canceled due to unsafe conditions or insufficient reservations.
- To ensure you the best possible trip, we reserve the right to switch rivers/sections.
- By reserving your trip you agree to self-report if you meet the COVID-19 criteria 72 hours prior to trip departure.
For Bookings Made Before March 31st 2020
You are held to the policies you agreed to at time of checkout. These policies are listed at the bottom of your invoice. Please let us know if you need clarification on your cancellation and trip change policies.