Reservation, Payment & Cancellation Policies
New "Extra Flexible" Policies
We understand that these times still come with a lot of uncertainty! We want these new policies to make it as easy as possible for you to full-fill those big trip aspirations without having to worry about what happens if you need to cancel — We’ve all got enough to worry about!
A reservation is recommended as soon as you decide on your desired trips since space quickly becomes limited, particularly on the highly sought-after rivers we run. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, checks, and cash to reserve your seat, guide and equipment.
Full payments are usually preferred at the time of reservation, but we also understand that is not always possible. If you prefer, you are welcome to choose from one of our payment plans below!
- Standard 50% Payment Plan: Pay 50% deposit at the time of reservation and the remaining 50% at a later date before your trip departure.
- Special 1/3 Payment Plan: This payment plan allows you to put down 1/3 of your trip total as a deposit. We’ll then schedule the future payments for you.
- Special 10% Deposit Plan: Secure your seats with a 10% deposit. The remaining balance will then be charged 60 days prior to trip departure.
- If you need other arrangements, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate!
- Please note that special payment plans cannot be combined with offers and promotions.
We understand that life happens and the need for cancellations arise. In an effort to take care of you and our amazing staff, we have the most lenient cancellation policy possible! In order to cancel or change your please call, LiveChat, or email our office before the intervals stated below.
Guests can receive a 100% gift card valid towards any Mild to Wild trip in the next three years, as long as it’s requested prior to the cancellation policy expiration. If you miss your trip meet time, we will do our best to accommodate you, however out of courtesy to other guests and our staff, we cannot hold the tour for you or issue a refund.
Partial Day Trips:
- A partial day trip is a trip that is less than 6hrs in duration. You may receive a 90% refund 36 hours or more before the trip. Inside 36hrs of the trip date, there will be no refund. The 10% fee covers the logistics that are required from our staff to accommodate these changes to the trip.
- With optional upgraded cancellation policy added at the time of reservation, receive a 100% refund up until 24hrs prior to trip departure. Trip protection does not apply to Upper Animas, trips including the train, or Piedra River trips. additional 10% of total trip cost
- Receive a 90% refund 36 hours or more before trip departure. Inside of 36 hours, unfortunately, there will be no refund. This is due to the multiple logistics and unrecoverable fees involved in preparing for our trips.
- With optional upgraded cancellation added at the time of reservation, receive a 100% refund up until 24hrs prior to trip departure. Trip protection does not apply to Upper Animas, trips including the train, or Piedra River trips.
- 60+ days: Receive a full refund minus $25 per person for unrecoverable fees
- 59 – 21 days: Receive a full refund minus $50 per person for unrecoverable fees
- 20 days – 48 hours: Receive full credit towards any Mild to Wild trip within the next three years.
- 48 hours – Trip departure: Unfortunately there will be no refund. This is due to the multiple logistics and unrecoverable fees involved in preparing for our multi-day trips.
- For single-day trips receive an 90% refund with more than 36 hours days prior to trip departure.
- For multi-day trips, refer the agreement with your trip coordinator.
- If your group reserved a private or customer trip, we can unfortunately not issue a refund.
Guide Certification Courses:
Receive a refund minus $100 with written notice 30 days prior to class. Within 30 days of the class there will be no refund for canceling.
All rentals are final and there are no refunds. We cannot accommodate date changes for weather or other reasons.
Private and Charter Trips:
All private, customer and charter trips are non-refundable.
Gift Card Purchases:
All gift card purchases are final. There will be no refunds.
Changing Trip Times or Dates
- Partial Day Trips: With more than 36 hours notice prior to trip departure, partial day trips can be changed to a different date and/or time depending on availability and will come with a 20% change fee. Inside 36hrs, we usually cannot always accommodate changes. If we can, there will be at least a 20% fee. This covers the logistics and unrecoverable fees involved in our trips.
- Full Day & Multi-day Trips: We may or may not be able to change dates depending on availability. If the reservation can be switched, there will be a 20% change fee.
- All Trips: If you miss your trip meet time, we will do our best to accommodate you, however we cannot hold the tour for you or issue a refund.
- Trips depart rain, shine, sleet or snow.
- Return times are approximate.
- A full refund is provided to you if trips are canceled due to unsafe conditions or insufficient reservations.
- To ensure you have the best possible trip, we reserve the right to switch rivers/sections if needed.
- By reserving your trip, you agree to self-report if you meet the COVID-19 criteria 72 hours prior to trip departure.
- If you miss your trip meet time, we will do our best to accommodate you, however we cannot hold the tour for you or issue a refund.
- If you have any medical conditions that may put you at risk on our trips, please call, email or LiveChat with one of our reservationists to see what trip is best suited for you prior to making a reservation.