Salt River Rafting
Phoenix, AZ Whitewater
· An astounding 2,000-foot deep granite canyon – Arizona’s “Other” Grand Canyon
· More rapids per mile than any other Arizona river
· Earliest river season in the U.S.
· Numerous Class III rapids on the 1-day section, Class IV on longer trips
· Huge meadows of blooming cactus, desert flowers and saguaros
· A true wilderness trip through remote backcountry
· Perfect 1 to 5-day outing for Spring break.
· Close to Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Surprise, Tucson, Tempe, Glendale, and Fountain Hills.
· *For Cactus League* Take a break from your spring training trip and add on some rafting.
March – May
Intermediate – High: Moderate swim & flip potential with cold water & high water early season
Class of Rapids
High Water: II-IV
Low Water: II-III
High Water: Ages 12+
Low Water: Ages 8+
Must be at least 50 lbs to fit into a PFD
Single Day Trips
We offer these boat options so that you can customize your Salt River rafting trip to the adventure level you desire.
Whitewater Rafting in Arizona: 1/2 to 5-Day Trip Options
Get in on the splash on a Salt River rafting trip in the Upper Salt River Canyon! This 2000-foot deep canyon drops over 20 feet per mile as it carves through a ruggedly remote wilderness, making it one rambunctious arena for Class III whitewater. Grab a paddle and join us for a triumphant run through suds like “Maytag,” “Overboard” and “Mescal Falls.” Check ’em out for yourself in our Salt River rafting videos!
The high Sonoran Desert scenery and fun-filled rapids make this a special spot to share with friends and family, whether you’re just there for the day, or five! Mild to Wild provides a freshly prepared grilled steak lunch on our one-day trips (or a deli-style lunch later in the season when the water warms up).
Our multi-day Salt River trips take you further into the wilderness section of this spectacular and diverse desert chasm. The scenery changes dramatically from day to day while plunging you into bigger rapids! These top-of-the-eddy line excursions allow you to indulge in the best wilderness experience Arizona has to offer.
Payment & Cancellations
- Pay in full.
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
Receive 90% refund with 48 hours notice to departure. Less notice, no refund.
Optional Upgraded 36 Hour Cancellation Policy: Receive a 100% refund up to 36 hours prior to trip departure. Up to 24 hours prior to departure trips can be rescheduled, or receive a Mild to Wild Gift Certificate for trip cost. Upgrade only available at time of reservation & must be applied to each seat.
Longer trips subject to Cancellation Policy
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use) and an Apache Tribal Land Access Fee.
I had a lot of fun. All the guides where a blast to be around. The overall rafting as a little cold because of the time of year, but I had a great time. The…
Amira AquarianClick to read more
I’m a high school math teacher in Durango, and each year, I work with Mild 2 Wild to put together a week long river trip for about 15 students. Mild 2 Wild is so flexible…
Hannah StarbuckClick to read more
A beautiful and relaxing trip
Fred MartinClick to read more
Excellent time. Anna Joe and the entire team were great. It was the first day of the season and my first time rafting the water was high cold and tons of fun but the team…
Eileen KizaClick to read more
This was our second time going down the Salt River with your company. Your staff is great, the rapids were great and you cannot beat the views along the river.
Christopher WilliamsClick to read more
Special Ways We Care For You On Salt River Rafting Trips
- Complete trip provisions – We are the only outfitter to provide helmets, PFD’s, wetsuit, self-bailing rafts, our exclusive service guarantee, and a steak lunch.
- High standards- we run trips with guides trained according to the stricter Colorado standards rather than the Arizona guiding standards. (Trip leaders have over 2,000 river miles)
- High-tech multi-faceted Satellite communication system on every trip
- We have the highest possible rating by the Forest Service and the Apache Tribe.
- We go the extra mile – For one-day trips, we put in up-river of the put-in at the scenic Apache Falls for 2 additional rapids (at 1200cfs or higher). We run 10-12 rapids on 1-day depending on flow.
- At high water through the wilderness section, we run an extra boat for safety.
- Four-wheel drive shuttle vehicles for the rough road.