Salt River Rafting
The 2017 White Water Rafting Arizona Season is here!
Whitewater rafting in Arizona: Express, 1-Day, 2-Day, 3-Day, 4 & 5-Day Arizona River Trips.
|Salt River Rafting
Inflatable Kayaks: High Adventure
Premium Boat: High Adventure
||High Water:Class II, III & IV Rapids
Low Water: Class II & III Rapids
||Salt trips will begin again in Early March-April/May!
||Raft: Ages 8 and up (except at high water)
Inflatable Kayak: Age 16 & must be 5′ 2” Tall
|Current Water Levels
Salt River Rafting Description:
Experience spectacular Salt River rafting
in the Upper Salt River Canyon! Paddle through an incredible 2000-foot deep canyon as you take on rapids such as “Maytag,” “Overboard” and “Mescal Falls”. Check out this season’s newest Salt River Rafting videos
. The Salt River drops at over 20 feet per mile as it carves a canyon full of wilderness to discover. The high Sonoran Desert scenery and fun filled whitewater make this a special place best shared with friends and family. Mild to Wild Rafting provides a delicious, guide prepared, grilled steak lunch on our one day trips. Longer trips take you further into the wilderness section of the spectacular Salt River Canyon
. The scenery changes dramatically from day to day, and plunges you into bigger rapids! Indulge in the ultimate: catered multi-day trips with our deluxe river camp setup.
Check out Mild to Wild’s 2017 Specialty trips on the Salt River Right Here!
Arizona Spring Break Rafting and Spring Training Cactus League Adventures:
- Salt River Rafting is the perfect 1 day or 5 day outing for Spring break.
- Take a break from your Cactus League Spring Training trip and add on some Arizona white water rafting.
- Close to Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Gilbert, Chandler, Surprise, Tucson, Tempe, Glendale and Fountain Hills.
Top 8 Reasons to Choose Mild to Wild on our Salt River Rafting trips:
- The extra mile (literally) upstream from the main put-in provides 2 additional rapids (when accessible)
- Multifaceted Satellite communication systems to coordinate the details of your adventure and increase safety
- Specially designed 4-wheel drive vehicles to ensure your shuttle out on the rugged trails
- Different boat options for various water levels and adventure desires
- Free helmets, free wetsuits, free wetsuit boots and free splash jackets
- Our Arizona trips are operated with Colorado’s stricter state standards
- Quality trip leaders average 2,000 river miles experience
- The highest possible ratings from the Forest Service and Apache Tribe, our governing agencies
Choose Your Boat for the Experience You Desire:
Standard rafts hold up to 10 guests. Premium rafts holds up to 6 guests providing a more personalized experience. Five or more seats reserved in a premium raft makes it private for your group, and allows you to request the size of raft and oar/paddle configuration to adjust the adventure level.
Salt River Rafting Trip Options
Free Wetsuits, Wetsuit Boots and Splash Jackets on Salt River Rafting trips!
*Tribe fees ($25/day Trival fees and River/Land Access Fees additional. Online bookings are transmitted via a secure connection. Credit card details are heavily encrypted/inaccessible.
Salt River Rafting Trip Highlights:
- 2,000 foot deep canyon – Arizona’s Other Grand Canyon
- More rapids per mile than any other Arizona river
- Numerous Class III “wet and fun” rapids on the 1 day section, Class IV on longer trips
- Spectacular blooming cactus & desert flowers
- Granite canyon walls
- Earliest river season in the U.S.
- Wilderness trip (no cell phones, no electricity, no running water!)
Click here for important considerations on the Salt River.
||Hey, Private Boaters! Looking for a shuttle on the Salt?
Check out the Salt Shuttle page for details!Or just download our Shuttle Contract here!