Cataract Canyon River Rafting
Canyonlands National Park Utah
Cataract Canyon Rafting
- Some of Utah’s most famous whitewater, Cataract Canyon near Moab, Utah Carves through on the U.S.’s most iconic national parks; Canyonlands National Park.
- Cataract canyon rafting trips are more than just whitewater with plenty of incredible hikes, canyons, and waterfalls along the way.
- Experience the excitement of big drops and rapids on the Colorado River. Cataract Canyon rapids are great from July-September.
- See cowboy hideout camps & incredible rock structures on this Colorado River raft trip through Cataract Canyon.
About This Trip
Cataract Canyon Rafting on the Colorado River through Canyonlands National Park, Utah
Explore Cataract Canyon in the heart of Canyonlands National Park, deep within a 2000 ft. deep crevice and over 30-million-year-old rock formations!! Cataract Canyon rafting, near Moab, Utah, is the premier Utah rafting whitewater experience. This section of the Colorado River treats you to fun, rolling class III and IV rapids all season long. When the Rocky Mountain’s snow melts, May-early July, filling the canyon, the rapids elevate to some of America’s most exciting and challenging class IV and class V rapids! Our Cataract Canyon trips continue on the legacy of Adventure Bound River Expeditions, combined with the legendary customer service and expertise of Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep tours.
Whatever season you choose, your 120-mile Cataract Canyon rafting trip begins with relaxation as you get acquainted with the peace, serenity, and solitude of this canyon. We will serenely float (with motor assist) in on flat water and pass deep below the spectacular Dead Horse Point State Park overlook. As we reach the confluence of the Green and Colorado Rivers, in the heart of the Canyonlands National Park, we prepare for the colossal rapids of Cataract Canyon! Brace yourself for these world-class rapids!
Colorado River rafting through Canyonlands National Park also provides some of Utah’s best hiking. As we explore side hikes, only accessible by river, we will be treated to wonderful waterfalls, sculpted sandstone spires, and ancient Anasazi rock art petroglyphs. History abounds as we follow John Wesley Powell’s expedition of 1869.
Every afternoon, camp brings beautiful sandy beaches, relaxation, friendships, stronger family bonds, and unforgettable memories.
This landscape of Cataract Canyon so inspired Mild to Wild’s founders and owners that they married there in 1996. This soul-stirring canyon will get your heart pumping with its whitewater (and maybe romance as well!), impact your soul and take you on a journey you’ll never forget. Cataract Canyon raft trips starting at $895.00
Payment & Cancellations
• Pay in full.
• 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 60 days prior to trip.
• 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds by 60 days prior.
• Call for other arrangements!
We know plans change… so we offer a lenient cancellation policy. A full refund less $100 is issued for written cancellations made by 60 days prior to trip departure.
Credit Card Security
Credit card details are heavily encrypted. All information is transmitted via a secure connection.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 7% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, NPS, City, Private Land Use).
A magnificent voyage through Canyonlands with a great staff..great views..great stories..adventures..great good and hijinks!
Daniel BeckerClick to read more
I don’t know where to begin: the 5-day Cataract Canyon trip is easily the best vacation we have ever taken. Our guides, Scottie and Rich, were very knowledgeable, professional, and great companions on our adventure…
Tom PerkinsClick to read more
Shawna was awesome. Great guides knowledgeable and genuine Wish we could have stayed longer Amazing scenery Highly recommend Will definitely be back next year
CyndiClick to read more
Did the 3-day Cataract Canyon with the 33 ft motored boat and 15 ft oar/paddle boat Captained by veteran, Shana and able assistant Ben. The first day was an easy motor to the confluence of…
Jim PhillipsClick to read more
Great guides, great river, tasty food. Thanks everyone 🙂
David FarkasClick to read more
SPECIAL WAYS WE CARE FOR YOU ON THE RIVER:
- Various boat sizes to accommodate your needs
- Professional, highly trained guides with trip leaders averaging over 2,000 river miles of experience
- Multi-talented guides cook delicious camp cuisine and provide camp entertainment
- Highly maintained boating equipment
- Comfortable camp chairs, tables, and fun beach games
- Water resistant gear bags for overnight trips
Click here for important considerations on the Colorado River.