Upper Animas River Rafting
- 100+ rapids
Considered to be the most difficult commercially run rivers in the U.S.
Continuous Class II and III with intermittent IV’s and V’s – no pools!
- The river drops at a rate of 85 feet per mile.
- 14,000-foot peaks rising from the banks of the river
- Colorado’s largest wilderness area – the famous Weminuche
- Deluxe wilderness, semi-permanent camp
- Two possible one-day sections, depending on the flows and your adventure level – Silverton or Needleton
Does part of your group want a mild trip while you paddle away all day? Check out the Lower Animas 3/4-Day!
New Flexible Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
For single-day trips 90% refund is issued for cancellations received in writing 48 hours prior to trip departure.
If you do not pass your orientation, we will charge $250 per person for the train ticket and orientation fee. Those who do not pass are still welcome to ride the train.
If it is determined that the Upper Animas is not the right trip for you, we will arrange for you to go on a better suited river and give you the nonrefundable train ticket, but there will be no refunds.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 8% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Films & News
10 REASONS TO ADVENTURE WITH MILD TO WILD