Upper Animas Highlights
· 100+ rapids
· Average gradient of 85 feet per mile.
· 14,000-foot peaks rising from the banks of the river
· Roars through Colorado’s largest wilderness area – the famous Weminuche Wilderness.
· Catered overnight trips at our semi-permanent camp.
Does part of your group want a mild trip while you paddle away all day? Check out the Lower Animas 3/4-Day!
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
We conform to the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad cancellation policy. Train ticket refunds/cancellations are subject to a fee cancelled 5 days before your reserved date. There are no refunds issued on reservations cancelled less than 5 days before your reserved date.
- Receive an 80% refund with written notice 5 days prior to trip departure. Less notice, no refund.
- At Upper Animas orientation, if determined this is not right for you, for 1 day trips you may apply the trip cost to another available trip, less $250 per person for the nonrefundable train ticket & orientation. For overnight trips, the non refundable amount is $300 per person. Train tickets may be able to be transferred depending on the train’s availability.
- Trip Insurance through RoamRight is recommended to help cover unforeseen circumstances.