Upper Animas River Rafting
- 100+ rapids
Considered to be the most difficult commercially run rivers in the U.S.
Continuous Class II and III with intermittent IV’s and V’s – no pools!
- The river drops at a rate of 85 feet per mile.
- 14,000-foot peaks rising from the banks of the river
- Colorado’s largest wilderness area – the famous Weminuche
- Deluxe wilderness, semi-permanent camp
- Two possible one-day sections, depending on the flows and your adventure level – Silverton or Needleton
Does part of your group want a mild trip while you paddle away all day? Check out the Lower Animas 3/4-Day!
New Flexible Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 8% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
We conform to the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad cancellation policy. Train ticket refunds/cancellations are subject to a fee cancelled 5 days before your reserved date. There are no refunds issued on reservations cancelled less than 5 days before your reserved date.
A 90% refund, less the train ticket fees, is issued for cancellations received in writing 5 days prior to trip departure.
At the orientation, if it is determined that the Upper Animas is not the right trip for you, there is a $250 nonrefundable train ticket & orientation trip fee per person. Train tickets may be able to be transferred depending on the train’s availability. After the $250 nonrefundable fee, the remaining trip balance may be applied to any of our other trip options or kept on your account in a trip gift certificate for future use.
Films & News
10 REASONS TO ADVENTURE WITH MILD TO WILD