Mesa Verde National Park
Half Day Tours
About Half Day Trips
Mesa Verde National Park is a scenic dreamscape of mystery and ancient wonders. Its abandoned metropolis was cultivated between 500 CE and 1300 CE. Why the ancestral Puebloans left these enchanting mesas below the Rocky Mountains is still uncertain.
It’s no question that locals and past visitors consider Mesa Verde National Park a must-visit. It’s an opportunity to experience the rarity of our preserved North American history before European contact. Joining a Mild to Wild guide ensures that guests to Mesa Verde will gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of authentic Southwestern culture.
Half Day Tour
Our Half Day tour will show off this outdoor museum and provide a wealth of insight about the ancient indigenous culture, the history of the park, and more. This tour follows Mesa Verde’s most popular spots in just 4 hours, including expansive overlooks of the cliff dwellings and short walks to mesa top villages. This is the perfect tour to get a leisurely overview of the best of Mesa Verde.
Cliff Palace Premium Tour
We are so thrilled to finally have cliff dwelling tours back at Mesa Verde National Park! This tour is also 4 hours and includes a 30 minute ranger assisted tour of Cliff Palace, the largest cliff dwelling in North America. On this exclusive part the tour, you’ll descend a rugged staircase and climb four ladders to reach the ancient palace. Our Cliff Palace Tour is great for those who want an overview of Mesa Verde’s best sites along with the added bonus of visiting its most impressive cliff dwelling.
Mesa Verde 1/2 Day Tour
4hr guided tour of Mesa Verde National Park. See the best sites in a limited time frame.
Cliff Palace Premium Tour
4hr guided tour of Mesa Verde National Park with a Ranger Assisted tour of Cliff Palace. Tour is offered from 8 AM to 12 PM.
New Flexible Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
Receive a 90% refund 36 hours or more before the trip.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Half Day Tours
Cliff Palace Premium Tours
· The drive to Mancos from Durango is about 45 minutes. Be sure to plan for this since you will be driving yourself to our meet location!
· Colorado Car Seat Law states children up to 8 years old must be in an appropriate car seat. Please bring your own.
· Summer is cool in the morning and hot by the afternoon. In fall and spring the weather can fluctuate quite a bit, so bring layers with you just in case!
· Mesa Verde can be prone to afternoon rain showers! Bring some rain gear.
· The meet location for this tour is the Mancos Visitor Center, NOT the visitor center in Mesa Verde.
· If you are going on the Cliff Palace Premium Tour, you’ll be climbing ladders up to the cliff dwelling. Wear the right shoes for this!
· All Mesa Verde tours are in our comfortable tour vans. If you’d like a Jeep for your Mesa Verde tour, call us about our Custom Tours!
What to Wear & Bring
- Dress in layers as the temperatures fluctuate. (Bring a warm jacket for Spring & Fall tours)
- Warm Hat & Gloves (Spring & Fall Tours)
- Sun Hat
- Rain jacket
- Light Hiking Shoes
- Water Bottle – your guides will have water for refills!
- Witness the largest archaeological preserve and cliff dwelling in the United States.
- Explore ancient ruins atop the mesa for a snapshot into North American life 1,500 years ago.
- Mesa Verde is so saturated with artifacts, pottery shards and arrowheads still scatter the ground throughout the park.
- Views of the lush canyons, everlasting valleys, and surrounding mountain ranges are incredible sites all their own.
- Experience a National Park that comes with serenity, where traffic is always light and sites can be enjoyed without crowds.