Mesa Verde National Park
Half Day Tours
About Half Day Trips
It’s no question that locals and past visitors consider Mesa Verde National Park a must-visit. It’s an opportunity to experience the rarity of our preserved North American history before European contact. Joining a Mild to Wild guide ensures that guests to Mesa Verde will gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of authentic Southwestern culture.
Our Half Day tour will show off this outdoor museum and provide a wealth of insight about the ancient indigenous culture, the history of the park, and more. This tour follows Mesa Verde’s most popular spots in just 4 hours, including expansive overlooks of the cliff dwellings and short walks to mesa top villages. This is the perfect tour to get a leisurely overview of the best of Mesa Verde.
Mesa Verde 1/2 Day Tour
4hr guided tour of Mesa Verde National Park to see the best sites in a limited time frame.
*Note: This trip does not included a tour inside the cliff dwellings, see our Full Day Discovery Tour for this.
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Receive a 90% refund with written notice 36 hours or more before the trip. Less notice, unfortunately there will be no refund.
Optional Upgraded 24 Hour Cancellation Policy: Receive a 100% refund up to 24 hours prior to trip departure. Up to 12 hours prior to departure trips can be rescheduled, or receive a Mild to Wild Gift Certificate for trip cost. Upgrade only available at time of reservation and must be applied to each seat.
Half Day Tours
· The meet location for this tour is the Mancos Chamber of Commerce (101 E Bauer Ave, Mancos, CO 81328), NOT the Mesa Verde Visitor Center.
· The drive to Mancos from Durango is about 45 minutes. Be sure to plan for this since you will be driving yourself to our meet location!
· Colorado Car Seat Law states children up to 8 years old must be in an appropriate car seat. Please bring your own.
· Summer is cool in the morning and hot by the afternoon. In fall and spring the weather can fluctuate quite a bit, so bring layers with you just in case!
· Mesa Verde can be prone to afternoon rain showers! Bring some rain gear.
· All Mesa Verde tours are in our comfortable tour vans. If you’d like a Jeep for your Mesa Verde tour, call us about our Custom Tours!
What to Wear & Bring
- Dress in layers as the temperatures fluctuate. (Bring a warm jacket for Spring & Fall tours)
- Warm Hat & Gloves (Spring & Fall Tours)
- Sun Hat
- Rain jacket
- Light Hiking Shoes
- Water Bottle – your guides will have water for refills!
- Witness the largest archaeological preserve and cliff dwelling in the United States.
- Explore North American life from 1,500 years ago.
- Mesa Verde is so saturated with artifacts, pottery shards and arrowheads still scatter the ground throughout the park.
- Views of the lush canyons, everlasting valleys, and surrounding mountain ranges are incredible sites all their own.
- Experience a National Park that comes with serenity, where traffic is always light and sites can be enjoyed without crowds.