Mesa Verde National Park
Half Day Tour
About This Trip
Mesa Verde National Park is a scenic dreamscape of mystery and ancient wonders. Its abandoned metropolis was cultivated between 500 CE and 1300 CE. Why the ancestral Puebloans left these enchanting mesas below the Rocky Mountains is still uncertain. Our Half Day tour will show off this outdoor museum with plenty of insight on the ancient indigenous culture, the history of the Park, and more.
A Half Day tour follows Mesa Verde’s most popular spots in just 4 hours. This tour is ideal for those who would enjoy a relaxing drive with a few short walks to ancient ruins and overlooks of the cliff dwellings. It’s a wonderful way to spend the morning before heading out on another tour for the afternoon or vice versa. It’s also just a great option by itself!
It’s no question that locals and past visitors consider Mesa Verde National Park a must-visit. It allows us a rare opportunity to experience preserved North American history before European contact. Joining a Mild to Wild Rafting and Jeep Tours guide ensures guests will gain a deeper understanding and appreciation of authentic Southwestern culture.
Mesa Verde 1/2 Day Tour
4hr guided tour of Mesa Verde National Park. See the best sites in a limited time frame.
New Flexible Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
Receive a 90% refund 36 hours or more before the trip.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
The drive to Mancos from Durango office is about 45 minutes. Be sure to plan for this!
Colorado Car Seat Law states children up to 8 years old must be in an appropriate car seat. Please bring your own.
Summer is cool in the morning and hot by the afternoon. In fall and spring the temperatures / weather can fluctuate quite a bit. So bring layers with you just in case!
Mesa Verde can be prone to afternoon rain showers! Bring some rain gear.
The meet location for this tour is the Mancos Visitor Center, NOT the visitor center in Mesa Verde
What to Wear & Bring
- Dress in layers: T-shirt, sweat shirt and a warm jacket (Spring & Fall tours especially)
- Warm Hat & Gloves (Spring & Fall Tours)
- Sun Hat
- Rain Jacket (for La Plata Canyon especially)
- Light Hiking Shoes
- Water Bottle – the guides will have water for refills!
- Witness the largest archaeological preserve and cliff dwelling in the United States.
- Explore ancient ruins atop the mesa for a snapshot into North American life 1,500 years ago.
- Mesa Verde is so saturated with artifacts, pottery shards and arrowheads still scatter the ground throughout the park.
- Views of the lush canyons, everlasting valleys, and surrounding mountain ranges are incredible sites all their own.
- Experience a National Park that comes with serenity, where traffic is always light and sites can be enjoyed without crowds.