Mesa Verde National Park
About This Trip
Full Day Tours in Mesa Verde National Park
Mesa Verde National Park is unlike any other national park in the United States. It is an expansive outdoor museum spanning across 52,000 acres, with over 5,000 archaeological sites spread throughout. Exploring the ruins of Mesa Verde with an experienced guide promises for a deeper appreciation and full experience of the park.
Mesa Verde Discovery Tours are led by incredibly knowledgeable guides who have studied the mysterious and complex legacy of the Ancestral Puebloans. The “Ancient Ones” left far more mementos behind than just their looming palaces, to which your guides will share throughout the day as you explore their abandoned villages, artifacts, and cliff dwellings.
With their guidance, you will learn more than you can retain about the history, culture, and architecture of the sites you visit around the park. If this is your one shot at Mesa Verde, you will undoubtedly value this comprehensive, interpretive tour. As for the vessel of your voyage, our tour vehicles are in comfortable and air-conditioned vans that allow you to take in the scenery between each stop.
Mesa Verde National Park, CO
Mesa Verde Discovery Tour
Explore all of the top sites of Mesa Verde with a knowledgeable guide along the way. Accommodates up to 10 guests.
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Receive a 90% refund with written notice 36 hours or more before the trip. Less notice, unfortunately there will be no refund.
Optional Upgraded 24 Hour Cancellation Policy: Receive a 100% refund up to 24 hours prior to trip departure. Up to 12 hours prior to departure trips can be rescheduled, or receive a Mild to Wild Gift Certificate for trip cost. Upgrade only available at time of reservation and must be applied to each seat.
· The drive to Mancos from Durango is about 45 minutes. Be sure to plan for this since you will be driving yourself to our meet location!
· Colorado Car Seat Law states children up to 8 years old must be in an appropriate car seat. Please bring your own.
· Summer is cool in the morning and hot by the afternoon. In fall and spring the weather can fluctuate quite a bit, so bring layers with you just in case!
· Mesa Verde can be prone to afternoon rain showers! Bring some rain gear.
· The meet location for this tour is the Mancos Valley Chamber of Commerce, NOT the visitor center in Mesa Verde.
· For the Cliff Palace Premium Tour, you’ll be climbing ladders up to the cliff dwelling. Wear the right shoes for this!
· All Mesa Verde tours are in our comfortable tour vans. If you’d like a Jeep for your Mesa Verde tour, call us about our Custom Tours!
What to Wear & Bring
- Dress in layers as the temperatures fluctuate.
- Warm jacket (Spring & Fall tours)
- Warm Hat & Gloves (Spring & Fall Tours)
- Sun Hat
- Rain jacket
- Light Hiking Shoes
- Water Bottle – your guides will have water for refills!
- Money for souvenirs
- Witness the largest archaeological preserve and cliff dwelling in the United States.
- Explore ancient ruins atop the mesa for a snapshot into North American life 1,500 years ago.
- Mesa Verde is so saturated with artifacts, pottery shards and arrowheads still scatter the ground throughout the park.
- Views of the lush canyons, everlasting valleys, and surrounding mountain ranges are incredible sites all their own.
- Experience a National Park that comes with serenity, where traffic is always light and sites can be enjoyed without crowds.