What to Wear & Bring
Daily Rafting Trips
Take a look at the following information about what to wear and bring for our different trip options. If you have any further questions, please give our office a call and we would be happy to help with clarification!
What to Wear:
- Swimsuit/Quick drying clothing (avoid cotton because it stays the temperature of the water and keeps you cold)
- Shoes that can get wet or secure sandals with heel straps
- Wetsuits for spring trips (available for rent)
- Wetsuit boots all season (available for rent)
- Fleece jacket and fleece socks (not always necessary— provides added warmth if you tend to get cold)
What to Bring:
- Sunglasses with a strap
- Water bottle
- Camera with waterproof case
- Warm, dry change of clothes in your vehicle (for after rafting)
Class I, II and III Rivers
Wear quick-drying clothes like nylon shorts and a swimsuit with shoes that can get wet (they must have a strap around the heel, no flip flops or slide on shoes). In spring and on high water trips wool, fleece or any synthetic garment is recommended. These materials stay warm when wet, unlike cotton which stays the temperature of the water. We have wetsuits, fleece and wetsuit boots available for rent in all sizes from small children through large adults (up to 300+ pounds).
Class IV and V Rivers
Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are required and wool, fleece and synthetic jackets and socks are recommended. We recommend you arrive at the trip’s designated meeting location with a swimsuit under your clothes so you can easily slide the wetsuit over your swimsuit.
Overnight trips require camping equipment (tent, 10 degree sleeping bag, pad or cot if desired – high quality rentals available) and personal gear (warm camp clothes, extra fleece jacket, rain gear, bug spray, toiletries, extra socks, warm jacket, hiking boots/shoes, warm hat, gloves…).
Don’t forget your waterproof camera, eye glass straps, water bottle, sun glasses, sunscreen, lip balm and a sun hat as well as your sense of humor and adventure!
A wetsuit package is recommended on spring trips through June on rafts and mid-July on inflatable kayaks. Wetsuit boots are recommended all season long. This is due to the water being melted from snow only a few hours prior, so it’s chi-chi-chilly!
Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are recommended for April, May and October trips.
Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are recommended on raft and kayak trips from March to Mid-April.
Rentals (Reserve in Advance)
- Wetsuit & Wetsuit Boots – $15/day
- Wetsuit Boots – $5/day
- Fleece Jacket – $7/day
- Wetsuit, Boots, and Fleece – $20/day
Our Rental Guarantee for all our trips where wetsuits are not required – if you feel that the wetsuit was not needed, we refund your rental money in full!
Jeep Tours & Mesa Verde
- Dress in layers, i.e. t-shirt, sweat shirt and a warm jacket (Spring and Fall tours especially)
- Warm hat and gloves
- Water bottle. The guides will have water, but it will not be accessible at all times.