Desolation Canyon River Rafting
Green River Utah
Desolation Canyon Rafting
- Unbelievably scenic flight over Utah’s Green River above Desolation Canyon.
- Towering red rock walls deeper then the Grand Canyon in some places.
- Exciting side hikes exploring petroglyphs, outlaw hideouts.
- 60+ fun and friendly class II & III rapids, dispersed throughout this Utah rafting trip.
- Sandy beaches to dig your toes in and build sands castles.
- A true wilderness trip with one road in and one road out…and the largest continuous wilderness areas in the lower 48.
- A soul stirring place you will never forget – desolation canyon rafting!
About This Trip
Green River Rafting Through Desolation Canyon In Utah
Escape into one of Utah’s most remote, wilderness and breathtaking areas – Desolation Canyon. Located on Utah’s Green River, Desolation Canyon is nearly untouched and deeper than the Grand Canyon in some areas. Our Desolation Canyon trips continue on the legacy of Adventure Bound River Expeditions, combined with the legendary customer service and expertise of Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep tours.
Amidst the stunning geological features of towering spires and abundant arches, splash through more than 60 class II to III+, family-friendly rapids which are dispersed throughout the trip. Experience Desolation Canyon on the Green River in a raft, or challenge the rapids with an inflatable kayak! The kayaks are brought along on all trips!
Live history by following John Wesley Powell expedition in 1869 as he descended Utah’s Green River, and be amazed as you surrounded by 40 million years of geologic history in Desolation Canyon.
Get in touch with nature with castle building on the large sandy beaches, water fights and swimming in the warm river water, and exploring on short hikes to ancient Native American ruins, abandoned homesteads, and scenic overlooks. Discover ancient art rock painting, ancient dinosaur habitats, and the hideout of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Be enchanted with wildlife such as bear, deer, bighorn sheep, blue herons, and one of the last bands of wild horses along the river corridor.
In camp, relax under giant cottonwood trees. Rejuvenate with family and friends around the crackling campfire. Sleep soundly under the starry nighttime sky.
This premier Utah rafting trip begins with a spectacular scenic flight from Moab, Utah or Grand Junction, CO, following Green River’s Desolation Canyon providing a sneak preview of the trip of a lifetime you are about to embark on!
Enrich your life, feed your soul, escape with your family on a bonding adventure on a Desolation Canyon, Green River, Utah rafting trip. Desolation Canyon raft trips starting at $959.00
New Flexible Payments & Cancellations
- 10%, remainder split in payments.
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 60 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds by 60 days prior.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
- 60+ days: full refund minus $25 per person unrecoverable fees
- 59 – 21 days: full refund minus $50 per person unrecoverable fees notice
- 20 days – 48 hours: full credit towards any Mild to Wild trip within the next three years
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 7% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, NPS, City, Private Land Use).
Launch Dates & Prices
Flexible Launch Dates. Call or chat for launch date availability before they sell out.
Adult starting at $1059
Youth starting at $959
Adult starting at $1349
Youth starting at $999
Adult starting at $1449
Youth starting at $1049
Group Discounts available. Prices do not include BLM use fees.