Desolation Canyon River Rafting
Green River Utah
Desolation Canyon Rafting
- Unbelievable scenic flight over Utah’s Green River above Desolation Canyon.
- Towering red rock walls deeper then the Grand Canyon in some places.
- Exciting side hikes pristine petroglyphs, outlaw hideouts.
- 60+ fun and friendly class II & III rapids, dispersed throughout this Utah rafting trip.
- Big sandy beaches to dig your toes in and build sands castles.
- A true wilderness trip with one road in and one road out…and the largest continuous wilderness area in the lower 48.
- Desolation Canyon is a soul stirring place you will never forget.
About This Trip
Green River Rafting Through Desolation Canyon In Utah
Escape to one of Utah’s most remote and breathtaking areas — Desolation Canyon. Located along Utah’s Green River, Desolation Canyon is nearly untouched and deeper than the Grand Canyon in some areas. Our Desolation Canyon trips continue on the legacy of Adventure Bound River Expeditions, combined with the legendary customer service and expertise of Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep tours.
Amidst the stunning geological features of towering spires and abundant arches, splash through more than 60 class II to III+, family-friendly rapids that are dispersed throughout the trip. Experience Desolation Canyon on the Green River in a raft, or challenge the rapids with an inflatable kayak! The kayaks are brought along on all trips!
Live history by following John Wesley Powell’s expedition in 1869 as he descended Utah’s Green River, which has uncovered over 40 million years of geologic history in Desolation Canyon.
Get in touch with nature on large sandy beaches, water fights and swimming in warm waters, discovering ancient Native American ruins, abandoned homesteads, and scenic overlooks. Explore ancient art rock painting, archaic dinosaur habitats, and the hideout of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. Catch sights of wildlife from bear, deer, bighorn sheep, blue herons, and one of the last bands of wild horses along the river corridor.
In camp, relax under giant cottonwood trees and sculpted precipices. Rejuvenate with family and friends around the crackling campfire, and sleep soundly under the starry night skies.
This premier Utah rafting trip begins with a spectacular scenic flight from Moab, Utah or Grand Junction, CO, following Green River’s Desolation Canyon providing a sneak preview of the trip of a lifetime you are about to embark on!
Enrich your life, feed your soul, escape with your family on a bonding adventure on a Desolation Canyon, Green River, Utah rafting trip. Desolation Canyon raft trips starting at $1045.00
New Flexible Payments & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 60 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds by 60 days prior.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
- 60+ days: full refund minus $25 per person unrecoverable fees
- 59 – 21 days: full refund minus $50 per person unrecoverable fees notice
- 20 days – 48 hours: full credit towards any Mild to Wild trip within the next three years
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 8% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, NPS, City, Private Land Use).
Launch Dates & Prices
Flexible Launch Dates. Call or chat for launch date availability before they sell out.
Adult starting at $1059
Youth starting at $959
Adult starting at $1349
Youth starting at $999
Adult starting at $1449
Youth starting at $1049
Group Discounts available. Prices do not include BLM use fees.