Pagosa Springs White Water Rafting
Upper Piedra River
1 Day Trip on the Upper Box of the Piedra River in Southwest Colorado near Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Splash through whitewater rapids in this pristine wilderness waterway as you spin around rocks and drop through chutes. Start at the headwaters and paddle through a lush alpine forest as creeks cascade into the river forming numerous, technical Class II rapids. As the river volume increases, the rapids build to Class III “wet and fun” rapids and the bigger drops of two stair step, pool drop Class IV rapids. These stair step, pool-drop rapids leave you thrilled as you travel through a jagged canyon on Colorado’s most restricted and regulated river.
The Upper Piedra River rafting fun does not need to stop here for those ages 16 and up! Stay in the canyon with us a night and enjoy an evening of delicious food and fun in camp, sleep under the starry skies on a comfortable pad or cot in a tent and then, venture into the box canyon of the Lower section (Lower Box of the Piedra River), with its big, pool drop Class IV+ rapids. Upper Piedra River raft trips starting at $149.00
Looking for an intermediate trip with smaller drops? The San Miguel could be your river rafting savior. Intermediate not high adventure enough for you? Take a look at the Lower Piedra or the Upper Animas!
Upper Piedra River Trip Highlights:
- Highly restricted access by the Forest Service
- Pristine wilderness area
- Pool drop river
- Lush, alpine, rain forest type setting
- Colorado wildlife
Payment & Cancellations
- Pay in full.
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
We know plans change… so we offer a lenient cancellation policy. An 85% refund is issued for cancellations received in writing 48 hours prior to trip departure.
Credit Card Security
Credit card details are heavily encrypted. All information is transmitted via a secure connection.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 7% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Special Ways We Care for You on the Upper Piedra River
- Low guide to guest ratio, with an average of 4-6 guests to 1 guide
- Safety boater included on single boat trips, or trip operated with 2 boats for safety
- Highly trained, professional trip leaders with an average of 2,000 river miles experience
- Thermal wetsuits available for rental including the 5.5 mm wetsuit, 2.5 mm jacket and wetsuit boots
- Multi-faceted Satellite/Spot communication systems to increase safety
- Different boat options for various water levels and adventure desires
Click here for important considerations on the Piedra River.