Pagosa Springs White Water Rafting
Upper Piedra River
Upper Piedra River Trip Highlights:
- Highly restricted access by the Forest Service
- Pristine wilderness area
- Pool drop river
- Lush, alpine, rain forest type setting
- Colorado wildlife
One-Day Trip on the Upper Box of the Piedra River near Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Through the rich forests of the Piedra River Canyon, a glimmering, free-flowing mountain stream rollicks with adventurous whitewater come spring. It’s Colorado’s most regulated and restricted river, and rafting within such a raw wilderness requires one eye for the rapids and the other for moose and black bears. Just kidding! For the most part.
The Upper Piedra’s narrow waterway sends rafts bounding between gorgeous granite and hefty boulders, making the ride just as scenic as it technical for giddy paddlers. The beginning of the run comes with long Class II rapid sections, followed by Class III and IV drops once the river fills from its contributing creeks along the way. Be ready to spin and skirt around the Piedra’s obstacles, and drop into chutes and staircase rapids— all made right out of all your whitewater hopes and dreams.
Upper Piedra River raft trips starting at $209.00.
New Flexible Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
Receive an 80% refund with written notice 5 days prior to trip departure. Less notice, no refund.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
I’ve been on many tours with Mild to Wild. We continue to go back every year. Mild to Wild and the staff provide excellent customer service and truly try to find the best trip for…
Jadea BraddyClick to read more
What an awesome white water rafting trip! Molly asked my family of five about our previous rafting experience and then recommended the Upper Piedra. It was perfect (mostly 2 & 3’s with a couple of…
Kent CogganClick to read more
We had a great time with Ellen on our trip. She was fun, knowledgeable, safe and got us down the river in one piece! We had a blast.
JoslynClick to read more
Jenny helped me book a last minute group of 8 in our party to be able to raft the Upper Piedra river. Ellen was our guide and we had an absolute blast! We would highly…
Ian JensenClick to read more
The Piedra River is your river if you want exciting white water set in a beautiful, wooded, wilderness canyon. Mild-2-Wild provided excellent river guides and safety kayaker (thanks: Emma, Miles, Orion with driver support from…
Mike SilverClick to read more
Special Ways We Care for You on the Upper Piedra River
- Low guide to guest ratio, with an average of 4-6 guests to 1 guide
- Safety boater included on single boat trips, or trip operated with 2 boats for safety
- Highly trained, professional trip leaders with an average of 2,000 river miles experience
- Thermal wetsuits available for rental including the 5.5 mm wetsuit, 2.5 mm jacket and wetsuit boots
- Multi-faceted Satellite/Spot communication systems to increase safety
- Different boat options for various water levels and adventure desires
Click here for important considerations on the Piedra River.