Pagosa Springs White Water Rafting
Upper Piedra River
One-Day Trip on the Upper Box of the Piedra River in Southwest Colorado near Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Splash through whitewater rapids in this pristine wilderness waterway as you spin around rocks and drop through chutes. Start at the headwaters and paddle through a lush, alpine forest as creeks cascade into the river forming numerous, technical Class II rapids. As the river volume increases, the rapids build to Class III “wet and fun” rapids and the bigger drops of two stair step, pool drop Class IV rapids. These stair steps, pool-drop rapids leave you thrilled as you travel through a jagged canyon on Colorado’s most restricted and regulated river. Upper Piedra River raft trips starting at $199.00.
Upper Piedra River Trip Highlights:
- Highly restricted access by the Forest Service
- Pristine wilderness area
- Pool drop river
- Lush, alpine, rain forest type setting
- Colorado wildlife
New Flexible Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
Receive a 90% refund with notice 36 hours or more before trip departure.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 8% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
I’ve been on many tours with Mild to Wild. We continue to go back every year. Mild to Wild and the staff provide excellent customer service and truly try to find the best trip for…
Jadea BraddyClick to read more
What an awesome white water rafting trip! Molly asked my family of five about our previous rafting experience and then recommended the Upper Piedra. It was perfect (mostly 2 & 3’s with a couple of…
Kent CogganClick to read more
We had a great time with Ellen on our trip. She was fun, knowledgeable, safe and got us down the river in one piece! We had a blast.
JoslynClick to read more
Jenny helped me book a last minute group of 8 in our party to be able to raft the Upper Piedra river. Ellen was our guide and we had an absolute blast! We would highly…
Ian JensenClick to read more
The Piedra River is your river if you want exciting white water set in a beautiful, wooded, wilderness canyon. Mild-2-Wild provided excellent river guides and safety kayaker (thanks: Emma, Miles, Orion with driver support from…
Mike SilverClick to read more
Special Ways We Care for You on the Upper Piedra River
- Low guide to guest ratio, with an average of 4-6 guests to 1 guide
- Safety boater included on single boat trips, or trip operated with 2 boats for safety
- Highly trained, professional trip leaders with an average of 2,000 river miles experience
- Thermal wetsuits available for rental including the 5.5 mm wetsuit, 2.5 mm jacket and wetsuit boots
- Multi-faceted Satellite/Spot communication systems to increase safety
- Different boat options for various water levels and adventure desires
Click here for important considerations on the Piedra River.