History & Heritage Tour (Durango Train/Jeep/Mesa Verde)
|| $285.16* Adult; $198.07* Youth
*Additional River/Land Access Fees not included
||Durango Train, Jeep Tour, & Mesa Verde Tour
||Jeep Tour: 8:00 AM
Mesa Verde Tour: 8:15 AM
Discover the history of the Southwest!
Explore the best of the Southwest on the famous Durango & Silverton Train, a jeep tour to the mining remnants and ghost towns of the San Juan Mountains, and a guided interpretive tour of Mesa Verde National Park. This 2 day history lesson tour combines our Trails & Rails
(jeep/train tour) and our guided interpretive Mesa Verde Discovery Tour
. Learn while you live your adventure and leave with memories of a lifetime!
*Note: The days can be reversed if desired.
Mesa Verde Itinerary
- Meet at our main office in Durango at 8:15 AM.
- Sit back and relax on the scenic 30 minute drive to Mesa Verde National Park on the old Spanish Trail Trade Routes.
- Our first stop is the visitor center inside the park for an introductory park orientation.
- Enjoy spectacular views of fascinating mountains ranges of 4 states (Colorado, Arizona, Utah, and New Mexico) on the way to Far View Ancestral Village.
- Explore Cliff Palace, the largest and most famous cliff dwelling in North America.
- Indulge in a delicious boxed lunch catered by our favorite bakery.
- Travel back in time from 500 AD to 1300 AD on the Mesa Loop and explore various archeological sites, cliff dwellings, pit house and scenic overlooks.
- Return to Durango: 4-5pm
Trails & Rails Itinerary
- Meet our coach bus in the Train Station parking lot at 8:00 AM.
- Depart for Silverton.
- Arrive in Silverton at 9:45 AM.
- Explore the high country on our guided custom 4×4 tour vehicles!
- Visit old mining remnants and standing structures.
- Get up close and walk around abandoned buildings.
- Arrive back to Silverton around 1:00 PM.
- Enjoy lunch and shopping!
- Board the Narrow Gauge Railroad at 2:15 PM and depart for Durango.
- Arrive in Durango around 6:00 PM.
*Please note that all itineraries are subject to change due to river conditions.