Salt River Rafting
About This Trip
Get a full day of froth on our Salt River One Day Raft Trip! Here in the “other” Grand Canyon, the Salt promises for an exciting day filled with 10-12 “wet and fun” Class III rapids!
The rapids churn up every 5 to 10 minutes in this unbelievable 2,000-foot deep canyon. You’ll get about 4-5 hours on the water, with a signature steak lunch to oblige.
Salt River one day trips start at $159.00.
Experience our 15-foot self-bailing rafts (up to 8 guests) All guests are encouraged to paddle, but are not required to paddle. Boats will be set up as a paddle or oar boat based on the conditions at the time of the trip.
Ages: 8+ low water
12+ high water
Enjoy a smaller guide to guest ratio (up to 6 guests) and more personalized trip. With 5 or more guests you are guaranteed a private raft and you can request a smaller 12 or 13-foot raft** to provide more adventure (if water levels allow), or an oar raft for a more conservative run.
Ages: 8+ low water
12+ high water
Payment & Cancellations
- Pay in full.
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 8% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use) & a $25/day Apache Tribal Land Access Fee.
Receive 90% refund with 48 hours notice to departure. Less notice, unfortunately there will be no refund.
Optional Upgraded 36 Hour Cancellation Policy: Receive a 100% refund up to 36 hours prior to trip departure. Up to 24 hours prior to departure trips can be rescheduled, or receive a Mild to Wild Gift Certificate for trip cost. Upgrade is only available at time of reservation and must be applied to each seat.
· The Salt River Canyon is a wilderness area. Thus, electricity, running water or cellular phone service is nada!
· We can only communicate from our main office via Satellite communication to the Salt River guides, which means our communication is limited. Plan accordingly when traveling to the river. Late arrivals cannot be accommodated.
· Wetsuits are included on all of our Salt River Trips. Wear your swimsuit to the river under your clothes.
· Age limits may increase at high water levels. This will be communicated to you prior to your trip if it becomes an issue.
· We cannot run credit cards on location, but we do have some river goodies and souvenirs for sale so we recommend bringing cash if you are interested.
· The meet location is about 50 miles from the nearest towns of Globe and Show Low, be sure to have enough gas to get there!
· Expect the Salt River Canyon to be about 10 degrees cooler than Phoenix.
· All itineraries are subject to change due to water conditions.
What to Wear & Bring
Provided by Mild to Wild in all Salt Reservations:
- Wetsuit boots
- Splash Jacket
To Wear/Bring Yourself:
- Fleece jacket and fleece socks
- Swimsuit/Quick drying clothing (avoid cotton because it stays the temperature of the water and keeps you cold)
- Hat (that fits under your helmet)
- Sunglasses with a strap
- Water bottle
- Camera with waterproof case