3/4 Day Durango Kayaking Trip
Lower Animas River
About This Trip
Fun Rapids and an Afternoon Float
For those who want to be in control of their own destiny and increase the adventure level on the Animas River, we offer inflatable kayaks on our 3/4 trips! Inflatable kayaks offer the best of both worlds; the maneuverability of a kayak and the stability of a raft! No experience is necessary as an instructional guide comes along in their own inflatable or hard shell kayak to show you the best way to get down Durango’s Animas River.
During the later season, all rapids can be downgraded a half to a full Class, making the inflatable kayaks a great way to experience the Lower Animas River! These smaller crafts are easier to maneuver through the river channels and avoid the rocks that rise up at lower water levels.
Durango kayaking day trips start at $174.
This could be you! Get ready to navigate your own kayak through Durango’s Lower Animas! Ages 11+
Peak Season trips are $5 extra between June 27th – August 5th.
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
Receive a 90% refund 36 hours or more before the trip.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
If the Animas River is flowing over 1800 CFS, kayakers will be moved to a premium raft option for safety.
Wetsuits are required through June and are highly recommended after July.
Physical fitness is recommended, as this trip is a bit of a workout!
The inflatable kayaks sits low in the water, so there will be water in the kayak the whole time. Thus, you’re going to get wet!
If everyone in your group isn’t up for the challenge of an inflatable kayak just yet, they can go along in a raft with a guide at the same time!
We do not provide snacks on this trip, so bring some along in a small bag along with your water bottle.
What to Wear & Bring
- Swimsuit/Quick drying clothing (avoid cotton because it stays the temperature of the water and keeps you cold)
- Water shoes or secure sandals with heel straps (if you’re not using wetsuit booties)
- Sunglasses with a strap
- Water bottle
- Camera with waterproof case
- Warm, dry change of clothes (for after rafting)
Trips through June and after July
- Wetsuits (available for rent)
- Wetsuit boots all season (available for rent)
- Fleece jacket and fleece socks (provides added warmth if you tend to get cold)
- Splash Jacket
- See a different and more beautiful view of Durango
- Get the perfect mix of excitement through fun rapids and relaxation during calm sections
- Learn a fun skill while hanging out with fun, entertaining river guides
- Smelter White Water Park’s Class III splashes
- Wildlife: Deer, beaver, fox, birds of prey, river otters
- Healthy and delicious deli lunch