Morning Telluride Rafting Trip
San Miguel River
About This Trip
Telluride Rafting: Morning Half Day Trip
Start your day off better than anybody else in Telluride by rafting the Morning Half Day on the San Miguel with us! In perfectly crisp, morning alpine air, you’ll suit up and hit the first runs of the day with the most enthusiastic river guides you’ll ever meet. We mean it, it’s not just the cowboy coffee!
The San Miguel is a favorite among Colorado rafters for a reason, which you’ll quickly realize while paddling into its narrow, crimson canyon rippling with fresh snowmelt. Class II and III rapids will introduce themselves immediately into the trip.
You’ll work with your guide to maneuver around fun obstacles in the water, but also have plenty of time to take in the scenery. Anyone ages 10+ will have an absolute hoot on this trip, whether it’s your first or hundredth time rafting a river.
Late May – July
Class of Rapids
Constant II with intermittent III
15 foot self-bailing rafts. Be prepared to paddle, paddle paddle around rocks and logs and down chutes on this twisting waterway.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Receive a 90% refund with written notice 36 hours or more before the trip. Less notice, unfortunately there will be no refund.
Optional Upgraded 24 Hour Cancellation Policy: Receive a 100% refund up to 24 hours prior to trip departure. Up to 12 hours prior to departure trips can be rescheduled, or receive a Mild to Wild Gift Certificate for trip cost. This upgrade is only available at the time of reservation and must be applied to each seat.
* Please note that all itineraries are subject to change due to river conditions.
· Our meet location at Caddis Flats is about 30 minutes from Telluride and is out of service range. Be sure to save your directions in advance!
· Wetsuits are required through Spring on this trip. We have rentals available!
· Wear your swimsuit under your clothes when you show up. There are no actual changing rooms at Caddis Flats.
· If you are rafting in May or June, bring extra layers of fleece or polypropylene for warmth. Wool socks under the wetsuit boots also help keep you warmer.
· All itineraries are subject to change due to water conditions and/or water levels.
· Due to limited put-ins and take-outs, all trip times can vary by half an hour.
· This is a hands-on paddling trip! Be ready to navigate with your guide to get down river.
What to Wear & Bring
- Swimsuit/Quick drying clothing (avoid cotton because it stays the temperature of the water and keeps you cold)
- Water shoes or secure sandals with heel straps (no flip flops or crocs!)
- Hat (that fits under your helmet)
- Sunglasses with a strap
- Water bottle
- Camera with waterproof case
Trips from May through June
- Wetsuits (available for rent)
- Wetsuit boots all season (available for rent)
- Fleece jacket and fleece socks (provides added warmth if you tend to get cold)
- Unique scenery in a red sandstone canyon covered with pine trees
- Narrow waterway that cuts through twisting canyons
- Constant rapids in a swift moving current
- Diverse ecosystem where the alpine melds with the desert
- Wildlife: Otters, eagles, snakes, deer
- Perfect for those who want an active rafting trip
- Fun river guides who have run the San Miguel for years