Rivers & Trails Trip
Durango Rafting and Jeep
About This Trip
Explore La Plata Canyon and Raft the Animas River in One Fun-Filled Day!
Experience the best of Southwest Colorado with our Durango Rafting and Jeep Tour Package! This tour includes a 1/2-day Jeep Trail Tour in the morning through the scenic La Plata Canyon, followed by an afternoon rafting trip down Durango’s Animas River.
This is the perfect trip for those who are visiting Durango for a short amount of time, and want to experience this area like a true local! For guests 12 and over, we offer the option to upgrade to inflatable kayaks on Durango’s Animas River when water levels allow.
June – September
Rivers & Trails
La Plata Canyon Jeep Tour and Animas River Rafting Trip all in one awesome day!
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Receive a 90% refund with written notice 36 hours or more before the trip. Less notice, unfortunately there will be no refund.
Optional Upgraded 24 Hour Cancellation Policy: Receive a 100% refund up to 24 hours prior to trip departure. Up to 12 hours prior to departure trips can be rescheduled, or receive a Mild to Wild Gift Certificate for trip cost. This upgrade is only available at the time of reservation and must be applied to each seat.
At high water levels (usually early June) our age limits may increase or younger kids may be shuttled around the larger Class III rapid.
Wetsuits are highly recommended through June, and wetsuit boots are recommended all season. Rentals are available.
In fall and spring, temperatures/weather can fluctuate quite a bit. So bring layers with you for both tours just in case!
Be aware that Durango is prone to afternoon rain showers! Bring some rain gear.
Colorado Car Seat Law states children up to 8 years old must be in an appropriate car seat. Please bring your own.
You are on your own for lunch! Pack something to enjoy on our picnic tables between trips or head to a restaurant close by.
All itineraries are subject to change due to water / trail conditions.
What to Wear & Bring
What To Wear On A Mountain Rafting Trip - Essential Rafting Attire
How To Dress And What To Bring On A Colorado Jeep Tour
For Both Tours, Bring…
- Rain Jacket
- Sunglasses w/ Strap
- Water Bottle – the guides will have water for refills!
- Camera (with a waterproof case on your rafting trip)
- Swimsuit/Quick drying clothing (avoid cotton because it stays the temperature of the water and keeps you cold)
- Secure Sandals or Shoes that can get wet (sandals must have a heel strap)
- Warm, dry change of clothes in your vehicle (for after rafting)
- Wetsuits & Wetsuit Boots for spring trips (available for rent)
- Fleece Jacket & Wool Socks for spring trips (or for added warmth if you tend to get cold)
- Dress in layers: T-shirt, sweat shirt and a warm jacket (Spring & Fall tours especially)
- Warm Hat & Gloves (Spring & Fall Tours)
- Sun Hat
- Light Hiking Shoes
- Stunning panoramic vistas
- Tumbling waterfalls and cascading creeks
- Old mining remnants from a deserted ghost town
- Gorgeous wildflowers in Spring and golden aspen in Fall
- Wildlife: Elk, juncos, bald eagles, marmot, moose, bear, deer, fox
- Adventurous roads where you would not want to drive or take your own vehicle!
- Interpretive, knowledgeable guides
- A hoot for kids, adults and all experience levels
- Enjoy Durango like a local!
- An awesome way to see and learn about the town’s history
- Great mix of relaxing sections and Class II rapids
- Fun and splashy Class III rapids at Smelter Whitewater Park
- Hilarious river guides that are chock full of puns and jokes
- An interactive experience where you’ll help the guide get you downstream