Gates of Lodore Rafting 4 Day Trip
Dinosaur National Monument
About This Trip
See the spot often credited with the birth of the modern American environmental movement. This pristine canyon system was once in danger of disappearing beneath the watery depths of a major reservoir. Throughout the 1950s, conservation groups fought against a proposed dam at Echo Park that would have forever drowned both Yampa and Lodore canyons
Today, those efforts have allowed us to continue running on of the most beautiful stretches of river anywhere. Our 4 day Gates of Lodore rafting trips drift into the heart of Dinosaur National Monument, where geologic wonders, thriving wildlife, lush forests, and billowing rapids fill this ancient canyon with wonder.
Camp out on sandy beaches beneath sculpted flumes, and take on exciting Class III rapids in between gorgeous hikes. Lodore Canyon is one of the most sought-after rafting trips in the country, come experience it for yourself!
Gates of 4-day Lodore Raft trips starting at $1059.00
May – September
Class of Rapids
II – III
Our rafts will range from 18 – 33 feet depending on water flows during the time of the trip. Challenge rapids on optional inflatable kayaks if you desire.
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 60 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds by 60 days prior.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, NPS, City, Private Land Use).
- 60+ days: Receive a refund less $200 per person unrecoverable fees.
- 45+ days: Reschedule for another trip/date, or receive Mild to Wild gift certificate less $200 per person.
- Less than 45 days, unfortunately there will be no refund.
- RoamRight Travel Insurance is recommended to help cover unforeseen circumstances, such as cancelled flights, sickness or medical evacuations.
- Guests needing to be evacuated from the canyon will be charged a minimum of $1,000 per person.
Map + Facts
TOP 10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT LODORE CANYON:
- Lodore Canyon length: 45 miles
- Lodore Canyon put-in: Lodore Ranger Station
- Lodore Canyon take-out: Split Mountain Campground
- Lodore Canyon rapid class: Class III and IV
- Lodore Canyon’s top rapids: Disaster Falls, Triplet Falls, Hell’s Half Mile
- Best for Ages: 7+ at low water, 12+ at high water
- Location: Dinosaur National Monument
- Notable Scenery: 2,000 foot quartzite cliffs, lush forests, Yampa River confluence in Echo Park
- Notable Sites: Winnie’s Grotto, Early explorer inscriptions, Hanging Garden overlook
- Average CFS Range: 1,500 – 35,000
Mild to Wild Rafting is proud to be an authorized concessioner of Dinosaur National Monument.