Desolation Canyon Rafting 6 Day Trip
About This Trip
If you’re looking to embark on a week-long expedition through the Wild West, our Desolation Canyon rafting 6 day trip is as good as it gets. This trip is meant for those looking to truly experience the grandiosity of the most remote river canyon in the contiguous United States.
Throughout the week, you’ll have time to explore Deso’s significant history and jaw-dropping scenery at a variety of campgrounds and hikes along the river corridor. Ancient petroglyphs, century-old homesteads and fossils wait to be discovered in between beautiful floats down the Green River.
Along the way are long stretches of friendly rapids to run in inflatable kayaks or on the rafts with your guides. And while the name may imply otherwise, Desolation Canyon is brimming with wildlife, so keep your eyes peeled for Big Horned sheep, eagles, and wild horses as you splash your way downriver.
Each day ends with a big beautiful beach where we’ll make camp for the night. More days on the river means more time in camp, so play games with the guides, explore the area, fish, swim— whatever you please! This is your time to unwind and reconnect with nature. After tangerine sunsets come the most impressive displays of final frontier, so bring the good camera for snapshots of the Milky Way.
With 84 miles to cover through this astounding stretch of wilderness, we highly suggest opting for a 6-day excursion through Desolation Canyon.
Desolation Canyon 6-day raft trips start at $1449.00.
Our rafts will range from 18 – 33 feet depending on water flows during the time of the trip. Challenge rapids on optional inflatable kayaks if you desire.
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 60 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds by 60 days prior.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, NPS, City, Private Land Use).
- 60+ days: Receive a refund less $200 per person unrecoverable fees.
- 45+ days: Reschedule for another trip/date, or receive Mild to Wild gift certificate less $200 per person.
- Less than 45 days, unfortunately there will be no refund.
- RoamRight Travel Insurance is recommended to help cover unforeseen circumstances, such as cancelled flights, sickness or medical evacuations.
- Guests needing to be evacuated from the canyon will be charged a minimum of $1,000 per person.