Verde River Kayak Two Day Trip
2 Day Verde Kayaking Adventure
For those who want to be in control of their own destiny and increase the the level of adventure, we offer inflatable kayak trips on the Verde River
. They offer the best of both worlds: the maneuverability of a kayak and the stability of a raft. The smaller the boat, the bigger the waves, so in an inflatable kayak Class II rapids drench you, and Class III rapids will get your adrenaline pumping! No experience is necessary because an instructional guide goes along with the trip in their own inflatable or hard shell kayak to teach you what to do. So start planning your kayak vacation
*Additional River/Land Access Fees not included
||Single Kayak: 16 & up
*Please note that all itineraries are subject to change due to river conditions.
- Meet at Beasley Flats in Camp Verde, Arizona at 9:30 AM.
- Check in, sign release forms, get dressed for the river! Wetsuit and wetsuit boot rentals are highly recommended in a river kayak.
- Shuttle to river for safety orientation and rafting instructions. Then, hit the river!
- Tackle “Off the Wall,” “Pre-falls” and the exciting Class IV to V (depending on water levels) “Verde Falls” (often requires portaging)!
- After the falls, float through the highly restricted “Eagle Closure” where stopping is prohibited to protect the winter nesting ground of the desert bald eagles.
- Stop for a delicious deli-style lunch, then, head out to challenge “Bull Run,” Rock Garden,” & “Punk Rock” among others.
- Late evening brings us to our stop for camp, with time for hiking, fishing, or just relaxing. Our guides will cook you a fantastic campfire dinner that evening, and a hearty breakfast in the morning to keep you fueled for the river!
- Day 2 includes many more rapids, including: “Bushman,” “White Flash,” “Black Hole,” and “Child’s Play,” as well as a special stop to soak in a natural, riverside hot spring!
- At 2:00 PM we arrive at our take out where the shuttle picks you up to return you to your car at Beasley Flats by 5:00 PM.
- Wear your swimsuits under your clothing as there are no changing rooms at the meeting point.
- Wetsuits are highly recommended all season on this snow melt river.
- During high water it is common for us to portage the Class IV to V rapid, this will be up to the guide’s discretion.
What to Wear or Bring:
- Wear quick drying clothes such as a swimsuit and nylon shorts. Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are highly recommended all season on the Verde River and available for rent. They easily slip over your swimsuit.
- Wetsuit boots highly recommended. Shoes with a strap that can get wet will work if you don’t mind chilly feet.
- Bring sunscreen, water, a hat and sunglasses and your sense of adventure!
- Camping equipment is available for rent, or you are welcome to bring your own!
- Bring camp clothes, toiletries and hiking boots.