Rafting the Verde River In Arizona1-Day and 2-Day Arizona White Water Rafting Adventures!
|Verde River Information|
|Location:||Camp Verde, Arizona|
|Adventure Level:||Rafting: Mild to Intermediate Inflatable Kayaks: High Adventure Premium Boat: Intermediate to Advanced Intermediate|
|Class:||High Water: II and III Rapids, one Class IV+/V Rapid (often portaged) Low Water: II and III Rapids, one class IV (sometimes portaged)|
|Season:||Late February – Mid April On dry years the season ends Mid March|
|Restrictions:||Raft: Ages 6 and up (except at high water) Inflatable Kayak: Age 12 and up, and 50 pounds Adventure Boat: Age 12|
|Current Water Levels|
Verde River Description:Discover Arizona’s only federally designated “Wild and Scenic” River- the Verde River. Carving a spectacular canyon painted by nature in multiple hues of golds, reds and browns, it drops at an average rate of 20 feet per mile. Cottonwoods, Sycamores and Sage grow from the banks, while the sandy beaches beckon you for breaks. Paddle an inflatable kayak or relax in a raft while you are submersed in wilderness fun. Commonly spotted wildlife includes javelina, black bears, golden eagles, great blue herons, otters, deer and incredible varied bird life, including the rare desert bald eagles. “Wild and Scenic” wildlife and the river’s chutes and drops makes this a truly special Arizona rafting trip.
During wet years we can experience high-water conditions during late February and March at which times we operate Verde River rafting trips in conventional 15 foot self bailing rafts. However, this water flow is not reliable and can be difficult to catch, making the inflatable kayak the optimal way to experience the magic of Arizona whitewater in the Verde River Canyon.
The well-channeled Verde River allows us to operate inflatable kayak trips during the winter season when base flows keep a steady 150-200 cubic feet per second of water flow in the river. These flows offer lots of fun, Class II “splashes” and Class III “wet and fun” white water thrills in the form of a twisting waterway full of chutes and drops interspersed with calm floating. No experience is needed to operate these free flowing and stable one person boats, also known as “duckies”. Taking on the Verde River in an inflatable kayak, one on one, under the watchful eye of our instructor/guide is an adventurous and rewarding way to experience this beautiful Arizona rafting trip.
Verde River Rafting Trip Highlights:
- Arizona’s only federally protected river under the Wild and Scenic Act
- Deep canyon scenery
- Excellent wildlife viewing
- Bird paradise and wild habitat
- Fast current with lots of fun, splashy whitewater
Special Ways We Care for You on the Verde River:
- Multi-faceted Satellite communication systems to communicate with our guides and increase safety in the canyon
- Specially designed 4-wheel drive vehicles to ensure your shuttle out on the rugged trails
- Different boat options for various water levels and adventure desires
- Outfitting on the Verde since 1998
- Free helmets and free splash jackets
- Trips run to the higher safety standards of Colorado state
- Quality trip leaders with an average of 2,000 river miles of experience