Yampa River Rafting 4 Day Trip
Dinosaur National Monument
About This Trip
The Yampa River section through Dinosaur National Monument covers 72 miles, with 9 whitewater sections rippling along the way. A four day trip is an exceptional way to become acquainted with what this rare and astoundingly beautiful canyon has to offer.
While this trip comes with longer days on the water, the rapids and scenery prove to be a wonderful source of entertainment, with looming overhangs and beautiful geologic features showing off around each bend.
Some of the off-river rendezvous can include the massive archeological site at Mantle’s Cave, historical inscriptions of Signature Cave, or the luscious side canyon of Jones Hole trail.
Each day promises for great company, delicious meals, impeccable scenery, thrilling rapids, and night skies you’ll be thinking about long after the trip ends. If you’re looking for western river trip that seldom ever experience, the Yampa River should be at the top of your list.
Yampa River 4-day trips start at $1099.
Our rafts will range from 18 – 33 feet depending on water flows during the time of the trip. Inflatable Kayaks brought along for use at appropriate water levels.
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 60 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds by 60 days prior.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
- 60+ days: Receive a refund less $200 per person unrecoverable fees.
- 45+ days: Reschedule for another trip/date, or receive Mild to Wild gift certificate less $200 per person.
- Less than 45 days, unfortunately there will be no refund.
- RoamRight Travel Insurance is recommended to help cover unforeseen circumstances, such as cancelled flights, sickness or medical evacuations.
- Guests needing to be evacuated from the canyon will be charged a minimum of $1,000 per person.
Map + Facts
Top 10 Things to Know about the Yampa River:
- Yampa River Length: 72 miles
- Yampa River put-in: Deerlodge Park, CO
- Yampa River take-out: Split Mountain Campground, UT
- Yampa River rapid class: Class III and IV
- Yampa River’s top rapids: Warm Springs, Big Joe, Teepee
- Best for Ages: 7+ at low water, 12+ at high water
- Location: Dinosaur National Monument
- Scenery: Smooth Weber sandstone canyons painted with dramatic desert varnish, large domes over the river, abstract geologic features
- Notable Sites: Stubs Cabin, Signature Cave, Mantles Cave
- Average CFS Range: 1,000 – 15,000