5 Day Cataract Canyon Raft Trip
About This Trip
Our Cataract Canyon 5 day rafting trip offers one of the best adventures the Southwest has to offer. With 96 miles to cover, you’ll have plenty of time to explore looming views from the canyon rim, pristine archeological sites, and of course, the world-class whitewater of the Colorado River.
Some of the off-river excursions on this trip include: Fields of petrified wood dating back to the jurassic period, Native American ruins and pictographs, and side canyons that many people never get to explore on shorter trips.
The schedule is more flexible on this trip, where you’ll have more time to enjoy the beaches you’ll be camping on, as well as the rapid section. You can expect at least one night where you’ll camp next to the waves.
The first 50 miles of the trip are flat water, so we motor through this section as we travel deeper into a world of red rock. Shortly after meeting the Green River confluence in the heart of Canyonlands National Park, the whitewater can be heard rumbling downstream.
This rapid section lasts for around 16 miles, and is run both in oar boats and the motor rig. After that, we’ll start motoring after Gypsum Canyon to the North Wash takeout for about 28 miles.
Cataract Canyon 5-Day trips start at $1,559.00.
Our rafts will range from 18 – 33 feet depending on water flows during the time of the trip. Inflatable Kayaks brought along for use at appropriate water levels.
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 60 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds by 60 days prior.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, NPS, City, Private Land Use).
- 60+ days: Receive a refund less $200 per person unrecoverable fees.
- 45+ days: Reschedule for another trip/date, or receive Mild to Wild gift certificate less $200 per person.
- Less than 45 days, unfortunately there will be no refund.
- RoamRight Travel Insurance is recommended to help cover unforeseen circumstances, such as cancelled flights, sickness or medical evacuations.
- Guests needing to be evacuated from the canyon will be charged a minimum of $1,000 per person.