Verde River Kayak One Day Trip
Explore Arizona’s only “Wild & Scenic” River!
For those who want to be in control of their own destiny and increase the level of adventure on the Verde River
, we offer inflatable kayaks. Inflatable kayaks offer the best of both worlds: the maneuverability of a kayak and the stability of a raft. The smaller the boat the bigger the wave, so in an inflatable kayak Class II rapids drench you and Class III rapids will get your adrenaline pumping! No experience is necessary because an instructional guide goes along with the trip in their own inflatable or hard shell kayak to teach you the best lines to take through the river and how to play around and have fun out there!
*Additional River/Land Access Fees not included
||Single Kayak: 16 & up
* Please note that all itineraries are subject to change due to river conditions.
- Meet at Beasley Flats in Camp Verde, Arizona at 10:00 AM.
- Check in & sign release forms. Wetsuit and wetsuit boot rentals are highly recommended.
- Shuttle to the river for your safety orientation and rafting instructions. Then, hit the river!
- Begin your descent into the spectacular desert canyon and enjoy the fun and challenge of the many chutes and rapids, such as: “Off the Wall,” “Pre-falls” & the exciting Class IV to V (depending on water flows) “Verde Falls” (often requires portaging)!
- After the falls, float through the highly restricted “Eagle Closure” where stopping is prohibited to protect the winter nesting ground of the desert bald eagles.
- Then, relax on a sandy beach at our lunch stop where you will enjoy a delicious and filling deli-style lunch.
- After lunch, challenge the rapids of “Bull Run,” Rock Garden” & “Punk Rock.”
- After “Punk Rock” we reach our take out at about 2:00 PM, hike a moderate trail for a 1/2 hour to the shuttles and return to Beasley Flats around 3:00 PM.
- Wear your swimsuits under your clothing as there are no changing rooms at the meeting point.
- Wetsuits are highly recommended all season on this snow melt river.
- During high water it is common for us to portage the class IV to V rapid, this will be up to the guide’s discretion.
What to Wear or Bring:
- Wear quick drying clothes such as a swimsuit and nylon shorts. Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are highly recommended all season and available for rent. They easily slip over your swimsuit.
- Wetsuit boots are highly recommended. Shoes with a strap that can get wet will work if you don’t mind chilly feet.
- Bring sunscreen, water, a hat and sunglasses and your sense of adventure!