Moab Kayaking AM 1/2 Day Trip
About This Trip
Start your morning off right by paddling through Moab’s famous red rock canyon! Hop in an inflatable kayak and float through Castle Valley on our Moab, Utah kayaking half day trip. This trip puts you on the Colorado River for a couple of hours to admire the astounding scenery and friendly class II rapids to splash through along the way. This is the perfect trip to get a fun little workout in to start your day!
Moab, Utah kayaking afternoon half day trips start at $119.
Single Person Inflatable Kayak
Up the adventure & control your own destiny in a single inflatable kayak. The smaller the boat, the bigger the wave! Guide instruction provided from guides in the raft and onshore prior to the trip. Just follow the rafts down the river! Single-person inflatable kayaks are available for guests 12+.
Two Person Inflatable Kayak
Up the adventure & control your own destiny in a single inflatable kayak. The smaller the boat, the bigger the wave! Guide instruction provided from guides in the raft and onshore prior to the trip. Just follow the rafts down the river! Guests ages 8-11 must have an adult.
New Flexible Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
Receive a 90% refund with written notice 36 hours or more before the trip. Less notice, no refund.
Optional Upgraded 24 Hour Cancellation Policy: Receive a 100% refund up to 24 hours prior to trip departure. Up to 12 hours prior to departure trips can be rescheduled, or receive a Mild to Wild Gift Certificate for trip cost. Upgrade only available at time of reservation & must be applied to each seat.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use). Some trips will have a $2.00 Utah State Fee applied.
· This is a more independent trip option that does not come with a kayak guide, but our raft guides will be there to give you instruction when you need help.
· This trip is a bit of a workout! The big, beautiful flat water sections will have you paddling most of the time.
· The inflatable kayaks sits low in the water, so there will be water in the kayak the whole time. Thus, you’re going to get wet!
· If everyone in your group isn’t up for the challenge of an inflatable kayak just yet, they can go along in a raft with a guide at the same time!
· If you opt for the double kayaks, they can be bit more challenging than the singles because they are longer, heavier, and require coordination to maneuver together.
· We do not provide snacks on this float trip, so bring some along in a small waterproof bag along with your water bottle.
What to Wear & Bring
- Swimsuit/Quick drying clothing
- Wetsuit (Spring & Fall) — Rentals available!
- Water shoes or secure sandals with heel straps (no flip flops or crocs!)
- Sunglasses with a strap
- Water bottle
- Small bag or fanny pack (that you don’t mind getting wet) for the things listed below
- Camera with waterproof case
- Unbelievable, picturesque scenery of Moab’s red rocks
- Friendly & splashy class II rapids
- A great, fun workout for those looking to up the adventure level
- The perfect way to cool off from the Moab heat
- Fits into full itineraries
- Rated “Utah’s Best Family Kayaking Trip”