Durango Jeep Tour
About This Trip
Among the ways to cap your day off in Durango, sneaking away to the mountains for a few hours definitely has a spot in the top 5… Take that back— top 3.
With Rocky Mountain peaks to be seen, waterfalls to be splashed, and wildlife to be spotted, an afternoon in La Plata Canyon is an afternoon well spent.
From late June to early August, the meadows here absolutely flourish with wildflowers. In late September to early October, the trail completely transforms with glowing aspen groves.
Our afternoon tour comes with a chance to see more animals out and about. Be on the lookout for deer, marmot, fox, birds of prey, and if you’re lucky, a moose or bear.
Half day Durango Jeep tours start at $79.00
Afternoon 1/2 Day Jeep Tour
Escape to the breathtaking panoramic views of the La Plata Canyon where you’ll see colorful wildflowers, towering mountain peaks and wildlife.
New Flexible Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
Receive a 90% refund 36 hours or more before the trip.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
· This route starts out smooth and then becomes fairly bumpy half way through. If rocking around in the vehicle may cause any issues for you, please reach out and talk with our adventure consultants!
· Colorado Car Seat Law states children up to 8 years old must be in an appropriate car seat. Please bring your own.
· In fall and spring the temperatures/weather can fluctuate quite a bit. So bring layers with you just in case! The guides usually have blankets as well.
· La Plata Canyon is prone to afternoon rain showers! Bring some rain gear.
· All routes/itineraries are subject to change depending on road conditions.
What to Wear & Bring
- Dress in layers: T-shirt, sweat shirt and a warm jacket (Spring & Fall tours especially)
- Warm Hat & Gloves (Spring & Fall Tours)
- Sun Hat
- Rain Jacket (for La Plata Canyon especially)
- Light Hiking Shoes
- Water Bottle – the guides will have water for refills!
- Stunning panoramic vistas
- Tumbling waterfalls and cascading creeks
- Old mining remnants from a deserted ghost town
- Fascinating geology of the La Plata peaks & river canyon
- Wildlife: Elk, juncos, bald eagles, marmot, moose, bear, deer, fox
- Gorgeous Colorado wildflowers
- Amazing aspen groves for fall colors
- Adventurous roads where you would not want to drive or take your own vehicle!
- Interpretive, knowledgeable guides