Durango Jeep Tour
About This Trip
Escape to the breathtaking panoramic views of the La Plata Canyon where you’ll see colorful wildflowers, towering mountain peaks and abundant wildlife. Our afternoon tour is the perfect opportunity to view deer, marmot, and if you’re lucky, moose and bear, as they emerge from the forest for evening grazing.
Jeep Tour (Afternoon)
Escape to the breathtaking panoramic views of the La Plata Canyon where you’ll see colorful wildflowers, towering mountain peaks and abundant wildlife.
*Additional River/Land Access Fees not included
Durango Jeep Tour Highlights:
- Stunning panoramic vistas
- Tumbling waterfalls and cascading creeks
- Old mining remnants from a deserted ghost town
- Wildlife: elk herds, juncos, bald eagles, marmot, moose, bear, deer
- Gorgeous Colorado wildflowers
- Adventurous roads where you would not want to drive or take your own vehicle!
- Interpretive, knowledgeable guides
- You must bring your own car seats for children who require them on the jeep trail tour, Mild to Wild does not provide any. The Colorado Car Seat Law states that children up to 8 years must be in an appropriate car seat/booster seat.
- Children under 4 can only participate in the Jeep Trail Tour portion.
- Sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen and a water bottle are recommended.
- You are on your own for lunch, feel free to pack a snack for the mountains.
What to Wear and Bring
Dress in layers for the Jeep Trail Tour as it can be 5-10 degrees cooler in the mountains. Bring a rain coat for the possibility of afternoon showers – monsoons.
For all trips it is good to bring a water bottle, we don’t want you to get dehydrated!
See our What to Wear & Bring page for more details.