‘Tis the Camping Season!
By Molly • June 1, 2010
How To Easily Organize a Camping Trip!
As you know Mild to Wild offers deluxe camping on our 2 to 4 day river trips, where our guides cater to you! Whether you’re looking for a mild family friendly trip (San Miguel river rafting or Moab’s Colorado river) or an adults only high adventure trip (Upper Animas River rafting and Piedra River rafting ), we have the perfect over night trip for you! But, what do you do when our guides aren’t the one’s organizing your trip and cooking you gourmet meals? Here are some tips to help you have worry free nights under the stars:
1. Make a list. We cannot stress this enough! As camping is an escape from the everyday, you won’t always be able to find an extra water bottle or can opener when you’re out in the wilderness. Sit down and make a list of everything you will need a week out, then you can add on little things throughout the week.
2. Find a campsite. The days of heading off into the woods till you find somewhere to sleep are over! With kids in tow, it’s better to know exactly how long it will take you to get to where you’re headed. Be sure to make reservations on weekends and especially on holidays.
3. Check the weather before you leave! Pack accordingly.
4. Make a rain plan. That could be a deck of cards to play in the tent or tarps to cover the cooking area.
5. Start small and within adventure limits for all family members. Adventure limits should be geared to those of the least adventure. You do not want to endanger anyone.
6. Let everyone have a role and participate. Setting up tents and cooking are part of the fun! Check out some of our great dutch oven secret recipes in our “How to” section of this blog!
We would love to hear your tips, too, so place your comments below!