1 Day Telluride Rafting Trip
San Miguel River
About This Trip
Treat yourself to an exhilarating one-day rafting trip on Telluride’s little known San Miguel River. This lively little mountain stream serves up constant, splashy whitewater with Class II and III rapids to oblige.
The first half of the day is spent twisting around tight bends in a narrow sandstone canyon of the San Miguel. Here, you’ll have plenty of Class II’s for the taking, with a couple of Class III’s sprinkled in along the way. This section involves more technical paddling as you skirt around plenty of rocks and trees in the river. After a riverside lunch, you’ll hop back in the boats and start paddling towards Norwood Canyon, where the corridor opens up and the rapids come with bigger, choppier holes.
San Miguel River 1-day raft trips start at $179.00.
If you’re looking for an intermediate trip with some bigger Class III and IV drops, check out the Upper Box of the Piedra River near Pagosa Springs!
15 foot self-bailing rafts. Be prepared to paddle, paddle paddle around rocks and logs and down chutes on this twisting waterway.
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 8% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Receive a 90% refund with written notice 36 hours or more before the trip. Less notice, unfortunately there will be no refund.
Trip Change Option: Up to 12 hours prior to departure, trips can be rescheduled for a different day and/or time. The price of this change policy is 5% of the total trip cost. Upgrade only available at time of reservation and must be applied to each seat.
* Please note that all itineraries are subject to change due to river conditions.
· Our meet location at Caddis Flats is about 30 minutes from Telluride and is out of service range. Be sure to save your directions in advance!
· Wetsuits are required through Spring on this trip. We have rentals available!
· Wear your swimsuit under your clothes when you show up. There are no actual changing rooms at Caddis Flats.
· If you are rafting in May or June, bring extra layers of fleece or polypropylene for warmth. Wool socks under the wetsuit boots also help keep you warmer.
· All itineraries are subject to change due to water conditions and/or water levels.
· Due to limited put-ins and take-outs, all trip times can vary by half an hour.
· This is a hands-on paddling trip! Be ready to navigate with your guide to get down river.
What to Wear & Bring
- Swimsuit/Quick drying clothing (avoid cotton because it stays the temperature of the water and keeps you cold)
- Water shoes or secure sandals with heel straps (no flip flops or crocs!)
- Hat (that fits under your helmet)
- Sunglasses with a strap
- Water bottle
- Camera with waterproof case
Trips from May through June
- Wetsuits (available for rent)
- Wetsuit boots all season (available for rent)
- Fleece jacket and fleece socks (provides added warmth if you tend to get cold)