Durango December to Remember
By Molly • December 3, 2010
All There is to do in December!
It’s hard to believe that it’s already December. Thanksgiving is behind us now, and this town has a lot planned for the month of December!
- Durango Mountain Resort opened last week with fresh snow coming through this past weekend, it was an opening weekend to get excited about. The mountain will open seven days a week starting December 10.
- The Polar Express is back in town running trips through December 28th. Enjoy the story, treats and a gift from Santa as a passenger on the historic Narrow Gauge Railroad. You also have the option of upgrading to Premium or Deluxe class if a first-class ride is what you are looking for. No matter where you’re sitting it will be amazing to see the snow covered mountains and trees from the Animas Valley.
- The Nutcracker performed by the State Street Ballet of Santa Barbara, California returns to town with shows starting on the 10th. I can’t remember a year when I haven’t seen this show! Get your tickets soon, as this holiday favorite will only have four performances.
- TONIGHT: Do not miss out on Noel Night, a Durango favorite since its inception in 2003. Not only do you have the opportunity to shop local for family and friends this season, with some great deals might I mention, but many of the 93 merchants participating will be holding raffles, giveaways, refreshments and holiday parties. One great excuse to get out and enjoy the town!
- And of course do not forget our giant inflatable Santa is now on the bus out front, symbolizing the start of our seasonal sale: 15% off gift certificates through Christmas. Free shipping on adventure! I’ll also recommend this one as a self-indulgence. You’ll be thanking me with your splashing through some awesome white water summer 2011.