Back to School Special on our Jeep/Train Package!
By Molly • August 30, 2010
We are offering 10% off our popular Trails & Rails package in the month of September! Mention this blog at time of reservation to receive your discount. Haven’t heard of our Jeep/Train package before? This is a mild adventure for ages 1-100!
- Your day will start off with a breath-taking drive to Silverton, Colorado in our charter bus on the Million Dollar Skyway.
- Once in Silverton, meet up with our drivers and climb aboard one of our custom safari vehicles for our Mini Ghost Town Jeep Trail Tour.
- Then venture off the paved roads on to old mining trails heading northeast out of Silverton. Spectacular tumbling waterfalls, snow-fed rivers & cool mountain air greet you as you wind through the old mining towns of Howardsville, Middleton and Eureka climbing to 11,200 feet.
- Stop at Animas Forks to explore one of the most preserved mining ghost towns in Colorado with many buildings that are still standing surrounded by the high mountain peaks of the San Juan Mountains and rolling alpine meadows.
- After returning to Silverton, explore around town and grab lunch on your own.
- Finally, board the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad for the stunning trip back to Durango. Travel by a coal burning, steam-powered locomotive on the same tracks miners, cowboys and settlers of the Old West took over a century ago. Relive history with the sights and sounds of yesteryear for a truly spectacular journey on board the steam engine Narrow Gauge Railroad. Travelers aboard the train have the option of choosing between the vintage coach or the open-air gondola. The trip back down to Durango takes roughly 3 hours and 15 minutes.