A Day in the Life of a River Guide!
By Molly • June 1, 2013
Being a river guide can be one of the most fun and rewarding summer (and spring and fall and winter depending on where you are!) jobs out there, it can also be quite challenging!
This is how a river guide’s day normally looks:
- Get a good night’s sleep prior to your trip – you have to be ready for anything!
- Eat a big, healthy breakfast (Breakfast burrito anyone??)
- Get to know who your guests are for the day – their adventure level, physical fitness, needs & desires
- Rig for the trip – This includes getting the proper boat, the frame, oars, paddles, proper safety equipment, satellite communication system (for remote trips), food and overnight gear for 5-Star camping trips
- Fit your guests with PFDs, wetsuits and wetsuit boots
- Shuttle to the put-in and get dressed in your whitewater rafting gear
- Give the pre-trip safety speech, Safety first!
- Get out on the river for an awesome day of whitewater!
Does this sound like an enticing day to you? We still have a few spots left for our Basic Rafting Guide School! Class starts this Sunday, June 2nd, 2013. Check out our website or call our office at 970-247-4789 for more details.