Durango Jeep Tour
About This Trip
Discover the beauty of La Plata Canyon as you venture through pines and past cascading creeks above treeline to over 12,000 feet with views of majestic peaks in every direction. Our morning tour provides beautiful scenery and wildlife spotting, before the afternoon’s monsoons pass through.
Jeep Tour (Morning)
Discover the beauty of La Plata Canyon as you venture through pines and past cascading creeks above treeline to over 12,000 feet with views of majestic peaks in every direction.
Payment & Cancellations
- Pay in full.
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
We know plans change… so we offer a lenient cancellation policy. An 85% refund is issued for cancellations received in writing 48 hours prior to trip departure.
Credit Card Security
Credit card details are heavily encrypted. All information is transmitted via a secure connection.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 7% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
- Stunning panoramic vistas
- Tumbling waterfalls and cascading creeks
- Old mining remnants from a deserted ghost town
- Wildlife: Elk herds, Juncos, Turkey Vultures, Bald Eagles
- Gorgeous Colorado wildflowers
- Adventurous roads where you would not want to drive or take your own vehicle!
- Interpretive, knowledgeable guides
- You must bring your own car seats for children who require them on the jeep trail tour, Mild to Wild does not provide any. The Colorado Car Seat Law states that children up to 8 years must be in an appropriate car seat/booster seat.
- Children under 4 can only participate in the Jeep Trail Tour portion.
- Sunglasses, a hat, sunscreen and a water bottle are recommended.
- You are on your own for lunch, feel free to pack a snack for the mountains.
What to Wear and Bring
- Dress in layers for the Jeep Trail Tour as it can be 5-10 degrees cooler in the mountains.
- For all trips it is good to bring a water bottle, we don’t want you to get dehydrated!
- See our What to Wear & Bring page for more details.