Durango Jeep Tour
About This Trip
Feel that fresh morning mountain air on our scenic Jeep Tours up La Plata Canyon! Along the drive you’ll see towering mountain peaks, waterfalls, old mining cabins and wildlife. In mid-spring, this is the perfect off-roading trail near Durango to see the most wildflowers. As for fall, the large aspen groves on this route turn to glittering gold in late September to early October. Our morning tour is the perfect way to enjoy the mountains before the afternoon monsoons roll in. Early in the tour, keep your eyes peeled for deer, marmot, fox, birds of prey, and if you’re lucky, a moose or bear.
Half day Durango Jeep tours starting at $79.00
Morning 1/2 Day Jeep Tour
Escape to the breathtaking panoramic views of the La Plata Canyon where you’ll see colorful wildflowers, towering mountain peaks and wildlife.
New Flexible Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
Receive a 90% refund 36 hours or more before the trip.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
This route starts out smooth and then becomes fairly bumpy half way through. If rocking around in the vehicle may cause any issues for you, please reach out and talk with our adventure consultants!
Colorado Car Seat Law states children up to 8 years old must be in an appropriate car seat. Please bring your own.
In fall and spring the temperatures / weather can fluctuate quite a bit. So bring layers with you just in case! The guides usually have blankets as well.
La Plata Canyon is prone to afternoon rain showers! Bring some rain gear.
All routes/itineraries are subject to change depending on road conditions.
What to Wear & Bring
- Dress in layers: T-shirt, sweat shirt and a warm jacket (Spring & Fall tours especially)
- Warm Hat & Gloves (Spring & Fall Tours)
- Sun Hat
- Rain Jacket
- Light Hiking Shoes
- Water Bottle – the guides will have water for refills!
- Stunning panoramic vistas
- Tumbling waterfalls and cascading creeks
- Old mining remnants from a deserted ghost town
- Fascinating geology of the La Plata peaks & river canyon
- Wildlife: Elk, juncos, bald eagles, marmot, moose, bear, deer, fox
- Gorgeous Colorado wildflowers
- Amazing aspen groves for fall colors
- Adventurous roads where you would not want to drive or take your own vehicle!
- Interpretive, knowledgeable guides