Durango Jeep Tour
About This Trip
Maybe you never knew this, but, a balanced breakfast comes with a side of fresh, morning alpine air. So start your day off right and jump on a morning jeep tour with us in La Plata Canyon! It’s good for you, after all.
This excursion is all about taking in the sites of 13,000 ft. peaks, roadside waterfalls, old mining cabins and wildlife.
From late June to early August, this is the perfect off-roading trail near Durango to see the most wildflowers. As for fall, the large aspen groves on this route turn to glittering gold in late September to early October.
On the way up, keep your eyes peeled for deer, marmot, fox, birds of prey, and if you’re lucky, a moose or bear.
Durango Jeep tours start at $99.00.
Morning 1/2 Day Jeep Tour
Escape to the breathtaking panoramic views of the La Plata Canyon where you’ll see colorful wildflowers, towering mountain peaks and wildlife.
Tours will be available starting June 1.
Payment & Cancellations
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 9% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Receive a 90% refund with written notice 36 hours or more before the trip. Less notice, unfortunately there will be no refund.
Optional Upgraded 24 Hour Cancellation Policy: Receive a 100% refund up to 24 hours prior to trip departure. Up to 12 hours prior to departure trips can be rescheduled, or receive a Mild to Wild Gift Certificate for trip cost. This upgrade is only available at the time of reservation and must be applied to each seat.
· This route starts out smooth and then becomes fairly bumpy half-way through. If rocking around in the vehicle may cause any issues for you, please reach out and talk with our adventure consultants!
· Colorado Car Seat Law states children up to 8 years old must be in an appropriate car seat. Please bring your own.
· In fall and spring the temperatures / weather can fluctuate quite a bit. So bring layers with you just in case! The guides usually have blankets as well.
· La Plata Canyon is prone to rain showers! Bring some rain gear.
· All routes/itineraries are subject to change depending on road conditions.
What to Wear & Bring
- Dress in layers: T-shirt, sweat shirt and a warm jacket (Spring & Fall tours especially)
- Warm Hat & Gloves (Spring & Fall tours)
- Rain Jacket
- Sun Hat
- Light Hiking Shoes
- Water Bottle – the guides will have water for refills!
- Stunning panoramic vistas
- Tumbling waterfalls and cascading creeks
- Old mining remnants nearly 150 years old
- Fascinating geology of the La Plata peaks and river canyon
- Wildlife: Elk, juncos, bald eagles, marmot, moose, bear, deer, fox
- Gorgeous Colorado wildflowers
- Amazing aspen groves for fall colors
- Adventurous roads where you would not want to drive or take your own vehicle!
- Interpretive, knowledgeable guides