Dare to #LiveWild
Unplug & Disconnect From Daily Distractions This Summer
What Does It Mean to #LiveWild
At Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep Tours, we wholeheartedly believe in nature’s transformative power. That’s why our mission is to enrich your life with an escape in the outdoors, creating a deeper connection with nature, family, and new friends.
In this day in age, it’s becoming increasingly hard to fully unplug, disconnect, and eliminate all distractions. That’s why we’re challenging you to #LiveWild.
So, what does it mean to #LiveWild? In this case, we’re not talking about our commonly “wild” trips with class V rapids and big drops. Instead, we challenge you to #LiveWild in the simple moments on your trip with us that will help you fully recharge and live in the moment. #LiveWild by finding peace deep down Cataract Canyon with a view that goes on for miles. #LiveWild by trading your phone for a camera in order to be fully present with friends and family. #LiveWild by turning your devices on airplane mode while embarking on a Durango or Moab adventure with us, even when you have cell service! *gasp!* #LiveWild by trying something brand new, even if it scares you.
We aren’t saying you have to be on of our trips to #LiveWild. You can #LiveWild by leaving your phone at home on your next trip to the park or turning on “do not disturb” next time you go for a hike. Small things can make a big difference and we encourage you do enjoy some distraction and screen free time this summer.
We believe that truly living means living intentionally in every moment possible with the people we love most. So, will you take our #LiveWild challenge? Check out our list of resources below to jumpstart your #LiveWild journey!
Ideas For How To #LiveWild This Summer
- Leave your phone, computer, etc behind for your entire trip!
- Don’t check your work email for your entire vacation.
- Trade your phone camera for a traditional camera to fully detach from any addictive behaviors.
- Leave your watch at home and trust the timing to your expert guide; Rise and rest with the sun!
- Make a no screen rule during dinner time. Engage in meaningful conversation.
- Commit an hour each day to yourself, friends, and family. Put your phone one “do not disturb” mode or turn it off.
- Don’t bring your work home with you. Commit time each day for work and time for not working. Don’t let the two blend together.
- Go camping! Or better yet, an overnight raft trip. Spending the night around the campfire under a star-filled sky.
- Spend time in nature. Take a moment to relax and absorb the natural world around you. Build a sand-castle. Lay on a beach. Take in a view!