Gates of Lodore Rafting
Dinosaur National Monument
Gates of Lodore Rafting
- Gates of Lodore rafting will take you through Dinosaur National Monument on the Green River in Utah and Colorado.
- An ideal rafting trip for beginners and first-time rafters, you’ll experience plenty of fun class II & III rapids on the Green River.
- Gates of Lodore has plenty of archeological history, petroglyphs, Indian ruins, & fossils along the way.
- More than just a rafting trip. With plenty of side hikes and lush coves to explore, this Green River rafting trip is an excellent multi-day adventure.
About This Trip
Green River Rafting Through Utah’s Gates of Lodore
Gates of Lodore Rafting on the Green River: Experience Utah rafting, legendary big waves whitewater, and one of America’s most spectacular, billion-year-old canyons through Dinosaur National Monument. It’s like living in the Jurassic Era with fossils and petroglyphs galore. Our Gates of Lodore trips continue on the legacy of Adventure Bound River Expeditions, combined with the legendary customer service and expertise of Mild to Wild Rafting & Jeep tours.
“Gates of Lodore,” a magnificent towering canyon, greets you at the start of the trip and winds into one of the most beautiful stretches of untouched river anywhere.
Experience thrilling class II and III rapids, with colorful names such as “Hells-Half Mile,” “Disaster Falls,” and “SOB” in a raft or challenge them in an inflatable kayak all spring, summer and fall due to the dam released water flow.
Gates of Lodore rafting takes you through a landscape of slot canyons and sleepy green valleys, archeological wonders, petroglyphs, and years of history. Travel the same route as the great pioneer, Major John Wesley Powell, during his epic exploration of this continent’s last uncharted wilderness. Weave through the canyons of Lodore, Whirlpool, and Split Mountain all within Dinosaur National Monument. Wind through some of the oldest rock in the world that has been left exposed by wind, water and time, as we experience a billion years of history. Discover remnants of a life long ago –including ancient Native American rock art and sites. Explore outlaw hideouts and homesteader dwellings. Marvel at the geological wonder of the rock formation and ancient dinosaur fossils.
Nature also provides an abundance of wildlife on the Green River in Utah. Deer, bighorn sheep, beavers, waterfowl, eagles, trout, and hawks will be discovered along the way.
On our Gates of Lodore raft trip, discovery is each day’s only goal. Highlights of the friendly and fun Green River trip include; rafting, exploration side hikes, big sandy beaches, relaxing camp time, tranquility around the crackling evening fire, and sleeping under the sparkling star-filled the sky!
Leave your worries behind and escape with us on a Gates of Lodore rafting trip! A real-life lost world; Gates of Lodore raft trips starting at $759.00.
New Flexible Payments & Cancellations
- 10%, remainder split in payments.
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 60 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds by 60 days prior.
- Call for other arrangements!
Free Courtesy Hold
We don’t want you to miss out on this trip so we’ll hold your spots, payment-free, for 24hrs while you make your final arrangements & prepare for payment.
- 60+ days: full refund minus $25 per person unrecoverable fees
- 59 – 21 days: full refund minus $50 per person unrecoverable fees notice
- 20 days – 48 hours: full credit towards any Mild to Wild trip within the next three years
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 7% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, NPS, City, Private Land Use).
Launch Dates & Prices
Call or chat for launch date availability before they sell out
Adult starting at $799
Youth starting at $749
Adult starting at $999
Youth starting at $899
Group Discounts available. Prices do not include national park fees.