The most economical way to experience the Animas River at lower water levels!
For those looking for a little local flavor, tubing down Durango’s Animas River can be a fun summer time activity, but you must take precautions as it is still a whitewater river. It is recommended that all river users wear a Coast Guard Approved personal flotation device and secured footwear at all times. With lower water levels comes more rocks and it is not uncommon to be bouncing around and scraping the bottom of the river on your float. Tubes are challenging to steer. There are dangerous sections of whitewater you should avoid on the Animas River. Be safe, be prepared and be careful!
Mid-July to August
Must be below 450 CFS
Cost:$17 *Cost includes tube & PFD
Cost with Shuttle:$25 *Cost includes tube, PFD, & Shuttle (10 or more guests)
- Tubing can be hard work especially at lower water levels with lots of rocks to avoid and difficulties in finding the deepest channels. The lower the water is, the more challenging it is. A better option is often a guided inflatable kayak trip. The guide will navigate you through the passable channels!
- No open container of alcohol allowed on the river.
- No glass containers.
- Pack out all trash and dispose of it in the proper receptacle.
- Dogs must be on a leash on shore and dog waste must be cleaned up.
- Respect private property and do not trespass.
- Be polite and courteous to others on and near the river.
- When approaching anglers, move away to the opposite side of the river to pass
*Please note that all itineraries are subject to change due to river conditions.
*Additional River/Land Access Fees not included.