Train Round Trip
Durango Train Round Trip
Cascade Canyon Express Trip
Shorter scenic train trip into Cascade Canyon using a diesel-powered locomotive. 3 departure times and two train car options. We recommend the open air-gondola. Children under 4 can ride free as a lap child.
Narrow Gauge Railroad Round Trip
Soak up the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad round trip for a spectacular day!
This trip is perfect for kids and adults alike! The Durango and Silverton Railroad is a coal powered, narrow gauge steam engine that offers the best way to see the Animas River Canyon! These train trips are 7 hours round trip, with time in Silverton to walk around and eat lunch. From May 1-Sept 12, trips will run every day of the week. From Sept 14-Oct 24, trips will not run on Sundays.
Payment & Cancellations
- Pay in full.
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
Train ticket cancellations require 5 days notice with a $14/ticket fee.
Credit Card Security
Credit card details are heavily encrypted. All information is transmitted via a secure connection.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 7% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
What to Wear and Bring
- Dress in layers. As you head up to the high country the temperature can drop and change completely. Snow is possible even in July! Bring a warm jacket, warm hat, rain gear, sunscreen, sunglasses, snacks, water and of course your camera!
- Kids 4 and under can ride on your lap if you want to save the money.
- Wear dark clothes because of the soot from the train.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from cinders that can come from the steam engine.
- We recommend the open air gondola for summer trips.
- You can bring your own snacks for the train, but alcohol is not allowed aboard the train.