Rivers, Trails, Rails & Mesas (Raft•Jeep•Silverton Train•Mesa Verde)The Best of the Southwest! ~ Value Adventure Package
Make the most of your Southwest Colorado vacation and let Mild to Wild organize your activities for you! Experience the wildly popular Jeep/Train package in one day where you will get to ride the historic Silverton Train through the Animas River Canyon. Take the Million Dollar Skyway to the old mining town of Silverton, CO. Venture into the high country where you will see breathtaking views, Colorado wildflowers, wildlife, and old mining ruins.
On another day, you and your group will get to experience Durango from the river! A half day Lower Animas River trip is great for ages 4 to 84 as you bounce through Class I, II and III rapids.
On your third day, explore Mesa Verde National Park with the guided discovery tour! The Rivers, Trails, Rails, & Mesas Tour is best experienced in 3 days and we would be more than happy to help you schedule each activity as they best fit your travel needs and desires.
|Total Package Price: Adult $351.49* • Youth $258.99* |
Jeep/Train Day Itinerary
|8:00 AM||Meet at the train station parking lot just west of McDonalds on College Drive (Cost $7)|
|8:15 AM||Bus departs for Silverton via the breathtaking Million Dollar Skyway|
|10:00 AM||Arrive in Silverton, meet up with our jeep tour drivers|
|1:00 PM||Return to Silverton – eat, shop, explore|
|2:15 PM||Board the D&SNGRR for Durango|
|2:30 PM||Depart Silverton – enjoy the beautiful Animas River Canyon on your way down|
|6:00 PM||Arrive at the train station in Durango|
|Raft Day Itinerary – Option to raft in the afternoon or upgrade to a full day or inflatable kayaks|
|8:00 AM||Meet at our Mild to Wild main office – sign release forms, get changed for the river|
|8:30 AM||Shuttle departs for the river and safety orientation|
|8:45 AM||Hit the river!|
|12:15 PM||Return to Mild to Wild via our shuttle from the take-out|
|Mesa Verde Discovery Tour Itinerary|
|8:30 AM||Meet at Mild to Wild’s main office|
|9:45 AM||Arrive Mesa Verde and start discovering, exploring, & learning!|
|12:00 PM||Enjoy a boxed lunch provided by Mild to Wild (turkey or veggie sandwich)|
|5:00 PM||Return to Mild to Wild|
What to Wear and Bring:
- Dress in layers for the jeep/train day as it can be 5-10 degrees cooler in the mountains.
- For all trips it is good to bring a water bottle, we don’t want you to get dehydrated!
- Wear quick drying clothes for rafting such as a swimsuit and nylon shorts in the summer. Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are recommended prior to mid-June, after Labor Day and on rainy days (we won’t cancel your fun when Mother Nature adds to it!).
- Kids 4 and under can ride on your lap on the train portion if you want to save the money on their train ticket, but kids must be at least 4 to go on the rafting portion of the package.
- You must bring your own car seats for children who require them on the jeep trail tour, Mild to Wild does not provide any. The Colorado Car Seat Law states that children up to 8 years must be in an appropriate car seat/booster seat.
- Dark clothes are best on the train because of the soot, also sunglasses help to protect your eyes.
- We recommend the open air gondola on summer train trips.
- You can bring your own snacks for the train, but alcohol is not allowed.
- Age limits increase with high water levels and/or we vary the river section.
- To access Cliff Palace you will walk down stairs. To exit, there are three sturdy ladders to climb, about 10 feet each. If you prefer, you can access a spectacular overlook on a short paved trail and one flight of stairs.