Rivers, Trails, & Rails
Raft - Jeep - Train
Experience the best of Colorado in 1 & 1/2 days!
The day prior to or after you’ve enjoyed our popular Jeep/Train package, which includes a Ghost Town jeep tour and a one-way trip on the Durango Narrow Gauge, explore Durango’s sampler 1/2 day raft trip on Durango’s Animas River! This package is great for ages 4-84, with Class I “moving water,” a few Class II “splashes” and one or more “wet and fun” Class III rapids (depending on water level). You will be treated to a different view of Durango while learning the fascinating history of the area. Guests 12 and up have the option to upgrade to inflatable kayaks on the Lower Animas River (when water levels allow). Don’t miss the highlight of your vacation in Durango and Silverton!
*Option to raft in the afternoon or upgrade to a full day or inflatable kayaks
Payment & Cancellations
- Pay in full.
- 1/2 down, 1/2 charged 30 days prior to trip.
- 1/3 down with remaining balance charged in thirds.
- Call for other arrangements!
We know plans change… so we offer a lenient cancellation policy. An 85% refund is issued for cancellations received in writing 48 hours prior to trip departure. Train ticket cancellations require 5 days notice with a $14/ticket fee.
Credit Card Security
Credit card details are heavily encrypted. All information is transmitted via a secure connection.
In addition to the listed trip cost, we collect an additional 7% for River and Land Access Fees (ie. Forest Service, BLM, City, Private Land Use).
Jeep/Train Day Itinerary
Raft Day Itinerary
- Kids 4 and under can ride on your lap on the train portion if you want to save the money on their train ticket, but kids must be at least 4 to go on the rafting portion of the package.
- You must bring your own car seats for children who require them on the jeep trail tour, Mild to Wild does not provide any. The Colorado Car Seat Law states that children up to 8 years must be in an appropriate car seat/booster seat.
- Dark clothes are best on the train because of the soot, also sunglasses help to protect your eyes.
- We recommend the open air gondola on summer train trips.
- You can bring your own snacks for the train, but alcohol is not allowed.
- Age limits increase with high water levels and/or we vary the river section.