Zip LiningSoaring Tree Top Adventures
|Soaring Tree Top Adventures|
|Location||Tall Timber in the Animas River Canyon|
|Season:||May 17 – October 20|
|Restrictions:||Weight: Between 50 and 265 pounds
Not wheelchair accessible
No pregnant women
Zip Line Description:Soaring Tree Top Adventures is a spectacular all-day zip line attraction with 5.5 hours of actual Soaring time through the Colorado canopy. Guests traverse through the trees and over the Animas River on 27 different spans ranging from 56 to 1,400 feet in length and connect to stainless steel platforms which use the Soaring patented system of non-invasive, eco-friendly suspension around the trees. A delicious snack break and gourmet four-course meal are included and the only way to get to this secluded oasis is by taking the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad. Soaring includes the round-trip ticket to Tall Timber Lodge on their private first class cars, so not only do you get a whole day of fun and excitement, but also you will get to see some of the most spectacular sections of the Animas River Canyon via the historic railroad.
Trip Details:You have a choice of boarding the first class cars, Tall Timber Legend and Tall Timber Legacy, at the downtown Durango station or the Rockwood station, 12 miles north of town.
Those in your party who are not soaring, but would like to join you, can be a guest on the Soaring first class car and at the fantastic rate of $199. Join your family/friends for the first class train ride, gourmet lunch and watch them Soar through (some of) the tree tops! Guests also have the option to purchase a round-trip ticket to Silverton on the first class Soaring cars where, unlike many of the other upgraded cars, all ages are welcome! Although this option doesn’t include a stop at the secluded Soaring compound, it is a great way to see the beauty of the canyon in style and comfort.
Soaring Full Adventure Price: $459
Non Soaring Day Guest: $199
Ticket on 1st class Soaring $189
cars from Durango (Rockwood)
to Silverton and back:
|Durango Station Departure:||Rockwood Station Departure|
|8:00 AM||8:30 AM||5:45 PM||9:15 AM||9:40 AM||4:35 PM|
8:30 AM – Depart Durango station
9:40 AM – Depart Rockwood station
10:24 AM – Arrive at Soaring Tree Top Adventures
3:53 PM – Depart Soaring Tree Top Adventures
4:35 PM – Arrive Rockwood station
5:45 PM – Arrive Durango station
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes (such as tennis shoes or hiking boots) are REQUIRED. No sandals, water shoes, Crocs, etc.
- Long pants, capris, or knee-length shorts are recommended.
- A shirt with a collar is recommended because the harness strap sits close to your neckline and can be uncomfortable for some.
- Long hair should be pulled back in a ponytail.
- No dangle earrings.
- Bring a rain jacket with a hood, Soaring runs rain or shine, and layers as it is usually 5-10 degrees cooler at the higher altitude.
- Cameras are allowed, but it must be small enough to fit in a pocket and have a wrist strap.
- Parents must sign a waiver for children under 18 (It can be printed off their website)
Soaring Tree Top Adventure Highlights:
- Experience the longest and largest zip line in the world
- View the most spectacular section of the Animas River Canyon on the D&SNGRR
- Eat a gourmet lunch in the trees
- Be a part of a truly eco-friendly adventure
- Enjoy a full day of family fun and adventure