|Season:||Mid-July to August|
|Water Levels:||Must be below 450 CFS|
|Cost:||$17 for tube & PFD|
|Cost with Shuttle:||$25 for tube, PFD & Shuttle (10 or more)|
The most economical way to experience the Animas River at lower water levels!For those looking for a little local flavor, tubing down the Lower Animas River can be a fun summer time activity, but you must take precautions as it is still a whitewater river. You should be safe, be prepared and be careful! It is recommended that all river users wear a Coast Guard Approved personal flotation device and secured footwear at all times. With lower water levels comes more rocks and it is not uncommon to be bouncing around and scraping the bottom of the river on your float. There are still dangerous sections of whitewater you should avoid.
Mild to Wild will be renting tubes with cup holders and and made of a sturdier material when water levels are running at less than 450 cubic feet per second . The cost is $17 and includes a personal flotation device. At peak times we will also offer a shuttle along with the tube and PFD for $25 (for 10 or more people). You can also purchase a River Run Tube, singles are $27.99 and doubles are $57.99 (see photos below).
The following access points are suggested for getting on and off the river. It is NEVER recommended that tubers go through Smelter Rapid near Santa Rita Park. Smelter Rapid is for experiences boaters only. If you would like to step up the adventure level and try your hand at a Class III rapid, consider a guided inflatable kayak trip!
Tubing Access Points:Put-in:
- 32nd Street (limited parking)
- 29th Street at Memorial Park
- Behind the Recreation Center
- 9th Street Bridge
- No open container of alcohol allowed on the river.
- No glass containers.
- Pack out all trash and dispose of it in the proper receptacle.
- Dogs must be on a leash on shore and dog waste must be cleaned up.
- Respect private property and do not trespass.
- Be polite and courteous to others on and near the river.
- When approaching anglers, move away to the opposite side of the river to pass
*Additional River/Land Access Fees not included.