Train Up/Bus DownThis option will give you the chance to experience the Animas River Canyon from the Durango Silverton Railroad and the Million Dollar Sky Way! Ride the Durango Train up to Silverton in the morning, spend some time walking around town, then, hop on our Mild to Wild coach bus for your gorgeous shuttle ride back to Durango.
|Durango Narrow Gauge Train to Silverton • Bus back to Durango ~ Adult $ 102* • Youth $68*|
|8:00, 8:45, or 9:30 AM||Train departs for Silverton. You must arrive 30 minutes before your departure time.|
|3 1/2 hours later||Arrive in Silverton.
Enjoy Silverton Colorado, eat lunch, explore this quaint, old mining town!
|2:00 PM||Board Mild to Wild Coach bus located off Blair Street by the Shady Lady Restaurant.|
|2:15 PM||Depart from Silverton on the scenic Million Dollar Sky Way.|
|3:45 PM||Arrive back in Durango.|
What to Wear and Bring:
- Dress in layers. As you head up to the high country the temperature can drop and change completely. Snow is possible even in July! Bring a warm jacket, warm hat, rain gear, sunscreen, sunglasses, snacks, water and of course your camera!
- Kids 4 and under can ride on your lap if you want to save the money.
- Wear dark clothes because of the soot from the train.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from a cinder that can come from the steam engine.
- We recommend the open air gondola for summer trips!
- You can bring your own snacks for the train, but alcohol is not allowed aboard the train.
- You must bring your own car seats for children who require them on the jeep trail tour, Mild to Wild does not provide any. The Colorado Car Seat Law states that children up to 4 years and 40 pounds must be in an appropriate car seat and children 4 to 6 must ride in a booster car seat, unless over 55 inches tall.