Train Round TripSoak up the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad round trip for a spectacular day!
This trip is perfect for kids and adults alike! The Durango and Silverton Railroad is a coal powered, narrow gauge steam engine that offers the best way to see the Animas River Canyon! These train trips are 7 hours round trip, with time in Silverton to walk around and eat lunch.
|Narrow Gauge Railroad Round Trip ~ Adult $85* • Youth $51*|
|30 minutes prior to departure||Meet at the Durango Train Station.|
|8:00, 8:45 or 9:30 AM||Train departs for Silverton.|
|3 1/2 hours later||Arrive in the quaint town of Silverton.|
|15 minutes prior to departure||Board Narrow Gauge Railroad.|
|1:45, 2:30 or 3:00 PM||Depart for Durango.|
|5:15, 6:00 or 6:30 PM||Arrive back at the Durango Railroad station.|
What to Wear and Bring:
- Dress in layers. As you head up to the high country the temperature can drop and change completely. Snow is possible even in July! Bring a warm jacket, warm hat, rain gear, sunscreen, sunglasses, snacks, water and of course your camera!
- Kids 4 and under can ride on your lap if you want to save the money.
- Wear dark clothes because of the soot from the train.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from cinders that can come from the steam engine.
- We recommend the open air gondola for summer trips.
- You can bring your own snacks for the train, but alcohol is not allowed aboard the train.