Rivers, Trails, Rails & MesasThe Best of the Southwest! ~ Value Adventure Package
Make the most of your Southwest Colorado vacation and let Mild to Wild organize your activities for you! Experience the wildly popular Jeep/Train package in one day where you will get to ride the historic Silverton Durango Train through the Animas River Canyon. Our Mild to Wild coach bus will pick you up at the train station in downtown Durango and drive you through the neck-wrenching views of the Million Dollar Skyway to the old mining town of Silverton, CO. Once in Silverton, you will meet up with our knowledgeable and professional jeep trail drivers who will take you up into the high country where you will not only get to see breathtaking views, wildflowers, and wildlife but also Animas Forks, Colorado’s most preserved ghost town. After your 3 hour tour in the mountains, the drivers will return you to Silverton where you have a little over an hour to walk around the shops and restaurants before boarding the narrow gauge railroad back to Durango.
On another day, you and your group will get to experience Durango from a totally different view, the river! A half day Lower Animas River trip is great for ages 4 to 84 as you bounce through Class I, II, and III rapids. The half day Animas River rafting trip is 4 hours round trip and includes a snack break in the middle.
And finally, on your third day, explore Mesa Verde National Park with the guided 700 Years Tour! The Rivers, Trails, Rails & Mesas Tour is best experienced in 3 days and we would be more than happy to help you schedule each activity as they best fit your travel needs and desires.
|Jeep/Train Day ~ Package Prices : Adult $256.98* • Youth $185.85* • Kayak Upgrade $275.48*|
|8:00 AM||Meet at the railroad parking lot just west of McDonalds on College Drive (Cost $7)|
|8:15 AM||Bus departs for Silveton via the breathtaking Million Dollar Skyway|
|10:00 AM||Arrive in Silverton, meet up with our jeep trail tour drivers & head up into the mountains|
|1:00 PM||Return to Silverton – eat, shop, explore|
|2:15 PM||Board the D&SNGRR train for Durango|
|2:30 PM||Depart Silverton – enjoy the beautiful Animas River Canyon on your way down|
|6:00 PM||Arrive at the train station back in Durango – right where you left your car|
|Raft Day – Option to raft in the afternoon or upgrade to a full day or inflatable kayaks|
|8:00 AM||Meet at our Mild to Wild main office – sign release forms, get changed for the river|
|8:30 AM||Shuttle departs for the river and safety orientation|
|8:45 AM||Hit the river!|
|12:15 PM||Return to Mild to Wild via our shuttle from the take-out|
|Mesa Verde Day|
|7:45 AM||Meet at Far View Lodge in Mesa Verde Park – allow 1.5 hours to drive from Durango|
|8:00 AM||Depart Far View Lodge on a guided tour and fun, short hikes|
|12:00 PM||Return to Far View Lodge after exploring the park|
What to Wear and Bring:
- Dress in layers for the jeep/train day as it can be 5-10 degrees cooler in the mountains.
- For all trips it is good to bring a water bottle, we don’t want you to get dehydrated!
- Wear quick drying clothes for rafting such as a swimsuit and nylon shorts in the summer. Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are recommended prior to mid-June, after Labor Day and on rainy days (we won’t cancel your fun when Mother Nature adds to it!).
- Kids 4 and under can ride on your lap on the train portion if you want to save the money on their train ticket, but kids must be at least 4 to go on the rafting portion of the package.
- You must bring your own car seats for children who require them on the jeep trail tour, Mild to Wild does not provide any. The Colorado Car Seat Law states that children up to 8 years must be in an appropriate car seat/booster seat.
- Dark clothes are best on the train because of the soot, also sunglasses help to protect your eyes.
- We recommend the open air gondola on summer train trips.
- You can bring your own snacks for the train, but alcohol is not allowed.
- Age limits increase with high water levels and/or we vary the river section.
- Mesa Verde is 1.5 hours away from Durango, please allow ample driving time to get to the Far View Lodge.