Rivers, Trails & Rails
Experience the best of Colorado in 1 & 1/2 days!
The day prior to or after you’ve enjoyed out popular Jeep/Train package, which includes a half day Mini Ghost Town jeep tour
and a one-way trip on the Durango Narrow Gauge
, explore Durango’s sampler 1/2 day raft trip on the Lower Animas River! This package is great for ages 4-84, with Class I “moving water,” a few Class II “splashes” and one or more “wet and fun” Class III rapids (depending on water level). You will be treated to a different view of Durango while learning the fascinating history of the area. Guests 12 and up have the option to upgrade to inflatable kayaks
on the Lower Animas River (when water levels allow). Don’t miss the highlight of your vacation in Durango and Silverton
*Additional River/Land Access Fees not included
|Jeep/Train Day ~ Package Prices: Adult $209.98* • Youth $149.85* • Kayak Upgrade $228.48*
||Meet at the railroad parking lot just west of McDonalds on College Drive (Cost $7)
||Bus departs for Silverton via the breathtaking Million Dollar Skyway
||Arrive in Silverton, meet up with our jeep trail tour drivers & head up into the mountains
||Return to Silverton – eat, shop, explore
||Board the D&SNGRR train for Durango
||Depart Silverton – enjoy the beautiful Animas River Canyon on your way down
||Arrive at the train station back in Durango – right where you left your car
|Raft Day – Option to raft in the afternoon or upgrade to a full day or inflatable kayaks
||Meet at our Mild to Wild main office – sign release forms, get changed for the river
||Shuttle departs for the river and your safety orientation
||Hit the river!
||Return to Mild to Wild via our shuttle from the take-out
What to Wear and Bring:
- Dress in layers for the jeep/train day as it can be 5-10 degrees cooler in the mountains.
- For all trips it is good to bring a water bottle, we don’t want you to get dehydrated!
- Wear quick drying clothes for rafting such as a swimsuit and nylon shorts in the summer. Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are recommended prior to mid-June, after Labor Day and on rainy days (we won’t cancel your fun when Mother Nature adds to it!).
Click here for recommendations on Durango Lodging.
- Kids 4 and under can ride on your lap on the train portion if you want to save the money on their train ticket, but kids must be at least 4 to go on the rafting portion of the package.
- You must bring your own car seats for children who require them on the jeep trail tour, Mild to Wild does not provide any. The Colorado Car Seat Law states that children up to 8 years must be in an appropriate car seat/booster seat.
- Dark clothes are best on the train because of the soot, also sunglasses help to protect your eyes.
- We recommend the open air gondola on summer train trips.
- You can bring your own snacks for the train, but alcohol is not allowed.
- Age limits increase with high water levels and/or we vary the river section.