Rail & Raft
One-way Narrow Gauge Railroad trip & 2 Hour Raft Trip
Mild Rafting and Narrow Gauge Railroad
Explore the Animas River Canyon on the spectacular Durango Train
to Silverton, enjoy lunch and shopping in Silverton, relax comfortably on our coach bus down the spectacular Million Dollar Skyway and finish the day with a refreshing Durango rafting trip
on the Lower Animas River
*Additional River/Land Access Fees not included
|Train & Raft Package • Adult $ 123.95* • Youth $87.88* • Kayak Upgrade $134.13*
||Meet at our Durango Office to park your car. We will shuttle you to the train station.
||Arrive at the train station to prepare for boarding.
||Train departs for Silverton.
||Arrive in Silverton – eat, shop and explore.
||Board Mild to Wild’s coach bus on Blaire Street near the Shady Lady Restaurant.
||Arrive at Mild to Wild. Dress for your river trip!
||Depart for your raft trip!
||Arrive back at Mild to Wild Main Office.
What to Wear and Bring:
- On the train: Dress in layers. As you head up to the high country the temperature can drop and change drastically. Snow is possible even in July! Bring a warm jacket, warm hat, rain gear, sunscreen, sunglasses, snacks, water and, of course, your camera!
- On the river: Wear quick drying clothes such as a swimsuit and nylon shorts in the summer. Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are recommended prior to mid-June, after Labor Day and on rainy days (we won’t cancel your fun when Mother Nature adds to it!). Wetsuit boots are recommend all season long, or shoes with a strap that can get wet will do.
Click here for recommendations on Durango Lodging.
- Keep in mind you are doing your most active part of the package at the end of the day. At higher altitudes, guests often find this tiring. We recommend the Rivers, Trails n’ Rails package when possible.
- Kids 4 and under can ride on the train for free if you want to save the money (it is a long ride though!).
- Wear dark clothes because of the soot from the train.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from cinders that can come from the steam engine.
- We recommend the open air gondola for summer trips.
- You can bring your own snacks for the train, but alcohol is not allowed.