Bus Up/Train DownA great, time saving option! Shuttle to Silverton on the striking Million Dollar Sky Way (rated 1 of the 10 most breathtaking drives in the U.S.), enjoy lunch and shopping in Silverton, and ride the Durango Narrow Gauge back inside the canyon and along the Animas River to Durango! Because you will be taking the Durango train one-way, we will be sure to hand-pick your seats on the side of the train that has the most magnificent views.
|Bus to Silverton • Return via Narrow Gauge Train to Durango ~ Adult $97* • Youth $63*|
|8:00 AM||Meet the Mild to Wild coach bus in the Train parking lot|
|8:15 AM||Bus Departs for Silverton|
|10:00 AM||Arrive in Silverton
Enjoy Silverton Colorado, eat lunch, explore an old mining town!
|15 minutes before train||Board Narrow Gauge Railroad|
|1:45, 2:30 or 3:00 PM||Depart for Durango|
|3.5 hours later||Arrive back at the Durango Railroad station|
*Additional River/Land Access Fees not included
What to Wear and Bring:
- Dress in layers. As you head up to the high country the temperature can drop and change completely. Snow is possible even in July! Bring a warm jacket, warm hat, rain gear, sunscreen, sunglasses, snacks, water and of course your camera!
- Kids 4 and under can ride on your lap if you want to save the money.
- Wear dark clothes because of the soot from the train.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from cinders that can come from the steam engine.
- We recommend the open air gondola for summer trips.
- You can bring your own snacks for the train, but alcohol is not allowed aboard the train.
- You must bring your own car seats for children who require them on the jeep trail tour, Mild to Wild does not provide any. The Colorado Car Seat Law states that children up to 4 years and 40 pounds must be in an appropriate car seat and children 4 to 6 must ride in a booster car seat, unless over 55 inches tall.