Rivers & TrailsAnimas River Raft Trip & La Plata Canyon Jeep Tour All in One Fun-Filled Day! Experience REAL Colorado by discovering the fun and beauty of our rivers and mountain peaks! Enjoy a half-day Jeep Trail Tour in the morning through the scenic La Plata Canyon, then, an afternoon rafting trip down Durango’s Animas River. Two great trips, one super fun-filled day and at a great value! For guests 12 and over, we offer the option to upgrade to inflatable kayaks on Durango’s Animas River (when water levels allow). Are you planning on riding the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad on your vacation, as well? Save yourself some time and money and check out the Rivers, Trails & Rails package!
|Rivers & Trails Package ~ Adult $134.94* • Youth $102.43* • Kayak Upgrade $138.75*|
|8:30 AM||Meet at the Mild to Wild main office – Sign release forms for both trips|
|8:45 AM||Meet your jeep trail tour guide and depart for the spectacular La Plata Canyon|
|12:45 PM||Return to Mild to Wild for a short break between your 2 fun adventures*Grab a quick lunch on your own, or bring lunch to enjoy on our picnic tables|
|1:40 PM||Prepare for the river – get dressed and receive equipment from the guides|
|2:15 PM||Load shuttle and depart for the river & safety orientation|
|2:45 PM||Hit the river!|
|6:00 PM||Return to Mild to Wild via the shuttle bus from the take out|
Click here for directions to our main office in Durango.
What to Wear and Bring:
- Dress in layers for the Jeep Trail Tour as it can be 5-10 degrees cooler in the mountains.
- For all trips it is good to bring a water bottle, we don’t want you to get dehydrated!
- Wear quick drying clothes for rafting such as a swimsuit and nylon shorts in the summer. Wetsuits and wetsuit boots are recommended through June, after Labor Day and on rainy days (we won’t cancel your fun when Mother Nature adds to it!).
- See our What to Wear & Bring page for more details.
- You must bring your own car seats for children who require them on the jeep trail tour, Mild to Wild does not provide any. The Colorado Car Seat Law states that children up to 8 years must be in an appropriate car seat/booster seat.
- Children under 4 can only participate in the Jeep Trail Tour portion.
- You are on your own for lunch, pack something to enjoy on our picnic tables between trips or head to a restaurant close by.
- Age limits increase with high water levels and/or we vary the river section.